David Cole and the team of Elua

wilfros

Aloha,

As far as I know, Leialoha and I will be back for the 2011-12 season on the Golden...no offer has been tendered yet, but we really can't see it NOT happening. As far as David Cole, he will be on vacation for the beginning of the 2011-12 season, and as far as he knows, will not be back until at least November...probably the first three cruises. I believe the CD for the start of the season will be Kelvin Joy...although as always, I never really know 100% until I see someone walking up the gangway. Hope this helps.

Malama Pono,

Dave Soreff

Does that mean that David Cole will NOT be onboard the Golden for the April 25, 2012 sailing

Aloha,

As far as I know, Leialoha and I will be back for the 2011-12 season on the Golden...no offer has been tendered yet, but we really can't see it NOT happening. As far as David Cole, he will be on vacation for the beginning of the 2011-12 season, and as far as he knows, will not be back until at least November...probably the first three cruises. I believe the CD for the start of the season will be Kelvin Joy...although as always, I never really know 100% until I see someone walking up the gangway. Hope this helps.

Malama Pono,

Dave Soreff

Does that mean that David Cole will NOT be aboard the Golden for the April 25, 2012 sailing?

Aloha,

Truthfully, I don't know David's schedule that far in advance. As I wrote, he will not be here for the first cruises of the 2011-12 season, but the cruise you mentioned is at the end of the season, so I'm not sure of the rotations. Sorry that I can't be more helpful then that.

Malama Pono,

Dave Soreff

Elua

Weren't you two on the Sea Princess over the 4th of July cruise this summer to Alaska? Looking forward to taking some classes with you both on the 11/24 cruise coming up.

Cruisin Oldies

We were also on that cruise to Alaska. They were just magic!!!!!

'Looking forward to meeting you in two weeks! My one criticism of Princess cruises is that so little is done to include the ports into the cruise experience ~ food, music and talks. In Scandinava, Asia and the Med, I would have liked food choices from the countries we visited, crafts and lectures. We visited all these exotic ports and return to USA! I can't wait to make a lei!

Karen

• 3 weeks later...
Aloha,

As far as I know, Leialoha and I will be back for the 2011-12 season on the Golden...no offer has been tendered yet, but we really can't see it NOT happening.

Malama Pono,

Dave Soreff

Aloha Dave & Leialoha!

Just a quick note to say Aloha Nui Loa for making our 11/24 cruise such a memorable experience. I started a new thread with a copy of the E Komo Mai flyer & it has peaked many future cruisers interest.

We appreciate the recommendation for a plate lunch at Koji's in Hilo & all of your music. I began to think that there were clones of both of you because you always seemed to be somewhere sharing your love of Hawaii with all of the passengers.

I love traditional Hawaiian music & will enjoy your CDs along with all of my other Hawaiian CDs. I will continue to let others know how much you've helped to improve the Princess Hawaiian experience unlike back in 2004 on the Regal.

Hope you'll get the Island house of your dreams! :)

Aloha!

• 4 weeks later...
We will be sailing on the Golden for the 9/28/11 cruise. Do you know if all 3 of you will be onboard for that cruise. Hopefully none of you will be on vacation as we've heard so many positives things about the Hawaiin experience from you all and would be very disappointed to miss David Cole as well as Elua.

Pam

Pam - I will be on vacation at the end of Sept. in 2011! The program will still be fabulous with David & Leialoha ("Elua Duo"). Happy cruising!

Aloha,

David Cole

CD - Golden Princess

Pam - I will be on vacation at the end of Sept. in 2011! The program will still be fabulous with David & Leialoha ("Elua Duo"). Happy cruising!

Aloha,

David Cole

CD - Golden Princess

David

Thanks for your reply. Enjoy your vacation! Do you know if Kelvin will be your replacement?

Pam

David Cole..

Will you be on the ship for the February 2, 2011 sailing?

When we did this itinerary in February/09 on the Zaandam, there was NO Hawaiian theme at all.. it was rather shocking actually.:eek:

From everything I've read it sounds like we'll actually feel like we are sailing to Hawaii:D

22 days and counting...

Edited by Spendogirl
spelling

Dave

will you 3 be onboard april 25, 2012? we are all coming back 4 our hawaii reunion and it would not be a reunion without the 3 of you - this will be our 3rd cruise with you all - we think u are awesome - thank you for all you do

sandee and rod

my friends, jiggerb, aseaprincess1, cavmom, all agree

Dave

will you 3 be onboard april 25, 2012? we are all coming back 4 our hawaii reunion and it would not be a reunion without the 3 of you - this will be our 3rd cruise with you all - we think u are awesome - thank you for all you do

sandee and rod

my friends, jiggerb, aseaprincess1, cavmom, all agree

Well, I can't speak for David Cole, but as far as we know, we will be onboard the Golden for that cruise. Of course, that is a full year and some change in advance, but if Princess wants us there, we will be there.

Aloha Nui,

Dave Soreff

Elua

We also LOVE Elua. We were on the Feb. 2010 Hawaiian cruise (the one where they were afraid a tsunami would hit Hawaii after the Chilean earthquake). We became instant fans of Elua. Their music is soothing and really makes you appreciate the Hawaiian melodies. I bought two of their CDs and when we have a rainy day I listen to their music and it takes me back:D.

Keep on keepin' on Elua!!!!!

Aloha

We were on the Dec 8 Golden cruise. My one criticism of Princess after the Baltic, Asia and Med is that they don't incorporate much of the local culture into the cruise. You two do it right! I went to hula classes and lectures. I liked the language and food presentation. 'Enjoyed your music in the atrium. Thanks.

We got off the Golden just eight long, long days ago. Miss the beautiful music and fun activities already. Already finished making one ribbon lei for a friend and have started another. And I can't get the Hawaiian Lullaby out of my head -- afraid I'm going to start dancing away in the grocery store and no one will realize I'm just back in the Vista Lounge, barefoot, and doing the hula along with the other women who learned under the tutelage of the wonderful Leialoha. You and she bring a wonderful touch of aloha on a cruise that's a whole lot different from others.

This thread has really made me even more excited and extremely happy that we are booked on the Feb.16th Golden Pr. cruise next month. I am looking forward to enjoying the entertainment from Elua as I have always enjoyed listening to Hawaiian music during our many visits to these islands. In fact on many visit there I recorded hours of Hawaiian radio that I replayed quite often when I returned home. This was before the internet enable live listening to be done.

Dave like I mentioned above I am really looking forward to hearing your music and meeting you and Leialoha onboard our soon to be cruise.

If you want to listen to KPOA (93.5FM) Hawaiian Music, Maui style go to

http://www.kpoa.com/Listen-Live/4244698

Edited by robtulipe

Dave, I talked to you on our way off the ship about a thank you I wanted to send you after our cruise in December (for the great job you did in teaching Gil the uke, which he loves), and you said I could reach you on Facebook. I think that part of your facebook is off, so I'm not able to. Please reach me at computerhomebizdotcom.

Doris

Aloha Doris,

Just head to Facebook and look up "Elua"...it's not a personal page for either me or Leialoha, it's a band page...so no "friending" need be done. I look forward to hearing from you.

Aloha No,

David

Aloha Doris,

Just head to Facebook and look up "Elua"...it's not a personal page for either me or Leialoha, it's a band page...so no "friending" need be done. I look forward to hearing from you.

Aloha No,

David

I have been there..however I don't see where I can send you a private message to get your mailing address and the info I would need. Usually on the left under newsfeed, there is a place to send a message..perhaps on this type of page there isn't. I'd like to get info from you to send you what we talked about, but I don't see a way to do it on facebook. See my email addy above.

Edited by DMRick

Dave, I talked to you on our way off the ship about a thank you I wanted to send you after our cruise in December (for the great job you did in teaching Gil the uke, which he loves), and you said I could reach you on Facebook. I think that part of your facebook is off, so I'm not able to. Please reach me at computerhomebizdotcom.

Doris

Hi Doris! It's me, Danny. So I see you and Gil made it back to NY. We enjoyed the trivia times we spent together. We'll be on the March 26 Sapphire to Hawaii ... see you then?

HI Danny...we too enjoyed the trivia and all the money we won (LOL)!

We are doing a Europe cruise in May..can't do one in March too. Have a great time..I hope the weather is as good as it was in December.

Hi Doris! It's me, Danny. So I see you and Gil made it back to NY. We enjoyed the trivia times we spent together. We'll be on the March 26 Sapphire to Hawaii ... see you then?