David Cole and the team of Elua

wilfros

Well, I can't speak for David Cole, but as far as we know, we will be onboard the Golden for that cruise. Of course, that is a full year and some change in advance, but if Princess wants us there, we will be there.

Aloha Nui,

Dave Soreff

Elua

2 out of 3 is a start - now we just need David to make sure the whole family (& we all feel like family) will be onboard. David??? are u committed yet????

Now that Princess will be sending the Sapphire and Star Princess, as well as the Golden, to Hawaii next year, do you know if these two ships will also have a similar Hawaiian atmosphere on board?

Of course, we can't imagine a program as wonderful as what you three have developed on the Golden, but just wondering if there is a plan for the other two ships.

Aloha and Mahalo

• 3 weeks later...

I would just like to add my thanks to Dave and Leialoha. My wife and I were on the Jan. 5 sailing. The music of Elua is magical. We listened to it as often as possible while on the ship. We bought their CD and listened to it on the drive home. I still find myself singing their wonderful Hawaiian tunes. They are a warm and gracious couple. Without a doubt, they were the best Cultural experience we have ever had on a cruise ship.

If you read this, Dave and Leialoha... Mahalo. You guys made this cruise very special for us.

Aloha,

As far as I know, Leialoha and I will be back for the 2011-12 season on the Golden...no offer has been tendered yet, but we really can't see it NOT happening. As far as David Cole, he will be on vacation for the beginning of the 2011-12 season, and as far as he knows, will not be back until at least November...probably the first three cruises. I believe the CD for the start of the season will be Kelvin Joy...although as always, I never really know 100% until I see someone walking up the gangway. Hope this helps.

Malama Pono,

Dave Soreff

Dave, As long as you and Leialoha are willing to continue cruising, Princess would be crazy not to renew your contracts IMHO. You are everywhere on the Golden and instead of just a way to get to Hawaii, along with David Cole you gave us the "Hawaiian Experience" from the first day on board :) Edited by IECalCruiser
Minor change

• 1 year later...
Aloha Doris,

Just head to Facebook and look up "Elua"...it's not a personal page for either me or Leialoha, it's a band page...so no "friending" need be done. I look forward to hearing from you.

Aloha No,

David

We enjoyed you and Leialoha very much on our Golden Princess Cruise

Feb 1-15-12. We both do a wonderful job teaching the uke and hulu! My DH enjoyed taking the uke lessons. How do we get your cd? Pam & Gary

• 2 years later...

In response to wilfros, this is information from ELUA's facebook page:

ELUA are Leialoha and David. Together personally and professionally for more then a dozen years.

Leialoha was born and raised in Kaneohe, on the windward side of O’ahu. She has performed in many of the finest venues throughout Hawai'i, and has shared the stage with some of the music industries most renowned stars. While comfortable performing in all styles of music, the songs of her home, particularly traditional Hawaiian language songs hold a special place in her heart. She shares her love of Hawai’i and celebrates her culture through sharing her talents of hula, singing, lei making, playing ukulele, crafting and always living aloha.

Her husband David, although born and raised in Boston, is, as Leialoha says, “Hawaiian at heart”. Having played and performed since childhood, David is especially proud to play the only indigenous Hawaiian instrument, the steel guitar.

Elua make their home on the Big Island, in the Hilo area where Leialoha works on her garden, baking and crafts, and David dreams of shooting a round of golf in the 70's.

My husband and I just returned from the LA to Hawaii round trip cruise and Elua provided music, lectured on Hawaiian culture, and gave Hula, Ukulele, and lei making classes.

Cruising Grandma, Just by chance, did they tell you what their schedule is for the coming 2014/2015 Hawaiian Cruising Season, and what ship they will be on? Thanks

Aloha Gimer,

As of right now, we have not been given our assignment for the next season. As soon as we know anything, we will make sure to post it on our Facebook page as well as on Cruise Critic.

Mahalo,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Aloha Gimer,

As of right now, we have not been given our assignment for the next season. As soon as we know anything, we will make sure to post it on our Facebook page as well as on Cruise Critic.

Mahalo,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

This is for Dave and Dave (and Leialoha)...

My vote is for the Grand out of LA! Please.

This is for Dave and Dave (and Leialoha)...

My vote is for the Grand out of LA! Please.

Ditto. I have the Grand booked for this December - my mom and I have sailed with Elua nine times now and they are a big part of why we book this cruise. If they are on the Star out of SF, we will probably either change ships or cancel our booking and just do another land vacation to Hawaii.