Cruise Documentaries

Itachi

Hey

DOes anyone have any copies, know of a place to purchase or view documentaries on cruises and cruise ships? Occasionally you see them on foxtel but I can never get a chance to watch them and when I do look can never see any coming up :(

I saw one ages ago and it was either freedom (or voyager) of the Seas and the little bit I caught was really interesting. It also shows you whats out there around the world.

Foxtel are showing an Oasis of the Seas documentary on Nat Geo, Monday 29 November- just a heads up

Awesome thanks for that.....

Foxtel showed a series called Cruise Ship Diaries...not sure if you just google it and see if it can be downloaded...that was a good series about the Costa Sienna?? ... :)

Awesome thanks for that.....

Foxtel showed a series called Cruise Ship Diaries...not sure if you just google it and see if it can be downloaded...that was a good series about the Costa Sienna?? ... :)

I did see it, we don't have that channel - I did series link it when we had that package but it got deleted at the expense of countless games of major league baseball:mad: if it was on dvd I would buy it!

This may sound obvious, but each week I log onto the Foxtel site and do an advanced search of programs with the word "cruise" "ship" "cruising" etc and tape the shows coming up. Make sure you tick the box "include synopsis and title". Someone has uploaded on youtube a tv cruise doco called "return to the cruise". I wish they would do an Aussie cruise doco.

Hi Itachi

I am not sure if it is still available but I have a double video cassette entitled 'The Liners'. It covers passenger shipping from the early 1900's (Titanic era) through to the 1990's when cruising became a boom industry but it's a little bit dated. Total running time 200 minutes. It was distributed by Village Roadshow and produced by the ABC. Whether it's still available I don't know.

If you are a 'cruise tragic' like myself I can thoroughly recommend it - whenever I feel in need of a 'cruise fix' I dig it out and dream of my next cruise! Only 214 sleeps to go!!!:)

Cheers, Roy

Archived