dress code for Braemar in Caribbean

dnbnor

we have received our ticketrs and are even more confused about dress code. My husband needs to take medical equipment with him (grab rails, showermats,walking frame etc,). We we need to keep our luggage to a minimum as |i am the only able bodied one to lug the luggage around . Our tickets mention Formal nights which I know to be dress suit/tuxedo for men, although I understand that we can opt out and eat in the buffet restauraunt. They then mention Elegant casual, casual, informal and theme nights. What in reality does this all mean? If people are dressed up in themes, will my husband be acceptable in smart trousers, short sleeve shirt, no tie? On other nights, exluding the formal night, will he be expected to wear a jacket and tie in the non buffet dining room. We will not have room for 2 suits and a whole selection of both long and short sleeve , so he is hoping one jacket with different trousers will see him through the 14 days. However, it is important to be dressed appropiately

Although I have not yet travelled with Fred Olsen, I imagine these are similar to the same dress codes on other lines -

Formal = dinner suit or lounge suit for men, evening dress or trousers for women

Informal = Semi-formal, ie suit or jacket for men, cocktail dress for ladies.

Elegant Casual = just that - smart casual or resort wear for ladies and shirt and trousers for men.

Theme nights are usually also casual, informal or formal so you do not have to dress up if you don't want to. For 14 days I would think he will need a minimun of two jackets. Once you arrive at the terminal there are plenty of porters or trolleys to take the luggage

Hopefully I have understood this correctly - if not I am sure someone will be along soon to put you right.

we have received our ticketrs and are even more confused about dress code. My husband needs to take medical equipment with him (grab rails, showermats,walking frame etc,). We we need to keep our luggage to a minimum as |i am the only able bodied one to lug the luggage around . Our tickets mention Formal nights which I know to be dress suit/tuxedo for men, although I understand that we can opt out and eat in the buffet restauraunt. They then mention Elegant casual, casual, informal and theme nights. What in reality does this all mean? If people are dressed up in themes, will my husband be acceptable in smart trousers, short sleeve shirt, no tie? On other nights, exluding the formal night, will he be expected to wear a jacket and tie in the non buffet dining room. We will not have room for 2 suits and a whole selection of both long and short sleeve , so he is hoping one jacket with different trousers will see him through the 14 days. However, it is important to be dressed appropiately

Don't worry in the caribean they have more elegant casual/casual nights just long trousers and a colared shirt is fine for elegant casual, no trainers or flip flops though. We had three formal nights on our two week caribbean cruise with Fred. The themed nights are usually 1 tropical, just wera bright clothes, 1 western wear jeans but not compulsory go casual, 1 britsih red, white and blue but they are not compulsary. I'm not sure if you can go casual to the buffett on formal nights we had 100% in formal wear. We had a great time on our cruise, One jacket will be fine he won't wear it that often it's quite warm in the resturants, go and relax and enjoy yourself, We did have room service in our cabin one night as we were so tired from our exploits during the day.:)

dnbor, it may be worth e mailing Fred to see if you can loan some of the equipment you have listed....I know that when we were aboard recently they did have a number of walking aids that they loaned to people when the boat was unsteady

thanks dartmoordan. Does that mean no tie except formal nights and are short sleeve shirts ok?

There were a lot of people who wore short sleves and no tie on elegant casual nights, some wore jackets without tie and some just wore short sleve shirts, you'll be fine just don't wear tea shirts or vests to dinner. It is worth contacting Fred re equpment as they are used to passengers requiring some mobility equipment . Have a fabulous time and let us know how you get on.:)

Archived