New York City Hotels

shenaniganzz

Thanks for the tip, Mommyto2girls. I noted the name and address to the sandwich shop you mentioned. We will definitely hit them up. Love to find local eats! Are they open late? Should be close enough to grab a sandwich and take it back to our hotel.

Someone I know once mentioned a great/famous restaurant near the Brooklyn Bridge. On the Brooklyn side I believe. Do you know what that might be? Any other must hit restaurants? I plan on enjoying my vacation fully!!!!

They are walking distance for you. There are so many famous restaurants on the Brooklyn side of the bridge I would guess it is not the River Cafe. Maybe Grimaldis? I don't get into Brooklyn much except to the River Cafe and that is always for a charity event or fundraiser. There are so many good places around where you are staying.

I had a corporate apartment on West 57th for five years and worked in Manhattan. I do know the city and just don't "visit". I was in the hotel industry in Manhattan.

ALL hotels have problems with bedbugs. You could just as easily get them at the St. Regis as you could The Hotel Pennsylvania. Bedbugs travel with people.

I'm surprised you are so cautious being in emergency management and yes, I was in Manhattan on September 11th.

It was recently on the news that bed bugs were found at the Waldorf Astoria: eek:!

They are walking distance for you. There are so many famous restaurants on the Brooklyn side of the bridge I would guess it is not the River Cafe. Maybe Grimaldis? I don't get into Brooklyn much except to the River Cafe and that is always for a charity event or fundraiser. There are so many good places around where you are staying.

Practically right next door to River Cafe is "Petes Downtown" another excellent restaurant at 2 Water St. Both are right near Grimaldi's as well.

Archived