Ship's Cell Tower On At Labadee?

bilyclub

The cell tower is off while in port. If you look on the ridge line in Labadee there is a huge tower covering that area of the Penninsula.

Hard to see in this photo but follow the ridge and there is what appears to be a really tall palm tree, this is the cell tower. I took this photo as I work in telecommunications and cell radios so showing folks at work the cell in Labadee.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7rTA80NbYalm1LDl7yiTww?feat=directlink

Even in poor countries the best way for people to get communication is cell phones. This covers a greater distance with less cost in these types of islands and situation. So everywhere a cruise ship goes these days there will be land based cell service.

The cell tower is off while in port. If you look on the ridge line in Labadee there is a huge tower covering that area of the Penninsula.

Hard to see in this photo but follow the ridge and there is what appears to be a really tall palm tree, this is the cell tower. I took this photo as I work in telecommunications and cell radios so showing folks at work the cell in Labadee.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7rTA80NbYalm1LDl7yiTww?feat=directlink

Even in poor countries the best way for people to get communication is cell phones. This covers a greater distance with less cost in these types of islands and situation. So everywhere a cruise ship goes these days there will be land based cell service.

I can attest to this. I saw that "palm tree" and questioned why it was the only tree of it's type on that ridge. A couple of folks from California told me that they camouglage celltowers in some areas that way. First time I had ever seen anything like it.

Archived