Restaurants near "W" Hotel

loves2cruz

When we cruised last November we stayed at the Marriott Beach Place Towers. We walked down to the Margarita Cantina Crab and Seafood House. We loved it!. This place is very minimal but they had the best strawberry margaritas we ever had and excellent appetizers. Not sure folks would enjoy it if they were going for a full dinner but if you want a place to people watch, enjoy a really good drink and appetizers this was it for us. I plan on visiting again December 2011. Again, pretty minimal in ambience but a nice little band playing and not sure what their full dinner menu might be but really was great for a easy, relaxed place to enjoy a drink.

When we cruised last November we stayed at the Marriott Beach Place Towers. We walked down to the Margarita Cantina Crab and Seafood House. We loved it!. This place is very minimal but they had the best strawberry margaritas we ever had and excellent appetizers. Not sure folks would enjoy it if they were going for a full dinner but if you want a place to people watch, enjoy a really good drink and appetizers this was it for us. I plan on visiting again December 2011. Again, pretty minimal in ambience but a nice little band playing and not sure what their full dinner menu might be but really was great for a easy, relaxed place to enjoy a drink.

It's good to hear that the appetizers are good, but we had sandwiches and they were awful and my friends had dinner there and said it was awful. It has a great beach vacation atmosphere though.

I think we'll go to Casablanca on the first night and Coconuts on the second. Do you think the menu choices will be varied? Both places sound great.

The "W" for lunch at the pool one afternoon. Think I'll try one of their burgers.

Thank you so much for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

It's good to hear that the appetizers are good, but we had sandwiches and they were awful and my friends had dinner there and said it was awful. It has a great beach vacation atmosphere though.

Yeah, it didn't look like the entrees would be that good and I think a place only to go if you want to stop in for a drink, appetizers and people watching. And since we were there on a beach vacation type of thing we had fun. Will be in Fort Lauderdale in 2011 and will try some of the suggested restaurants for dinner and better ambience but might stop by here and grab one of those good strawberry margaritas!:D

I think we'll go to Casablanca on the first night and Coconuts on the second. Do you think the menu choices will be varied? Both places sound great.

The "W" for lunch at the pool one afternoon. Think I'll try one of their burgers.

Thank you so much for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

You can look up the basic menus online...they are very different. Coconuts also has a daily board with about a dozen items not on the menu; they tend to be finer seafood entrees. They also do a barbeque grill paella. It has a nice marina view so get there before sunset if you can.

Hi royalcruz- How far is Kelly's landing from the Westin Diplomat? Does any public transportation go there? How much would a cab be? Thanks so much again- Susie

Westin Diplomat is on the south border of Hollywood and Kelly's is in Fort Lauderdale near the port. It's about 10 miles...you'd have to take a few public buses or a cab will cost about $35 each way. Honestly, it isn't worth it. Kelly's is fine but it isn't worth going out of your way for.

• 4 weeks later...
We ended up going to Casablanca and had a fantastic meal. Good food, nice atmosphere and a terrific staff. What more can you ask for?

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely a memorable romantic evening.

I'm so glad you liked it. Casablanca Cafe is so unique being in a beachfront historic home and the food is creative and good. The piano bar gives it a creative relaxed atmosphere too. Tonight DH and I were watching a show on public television where locals review restaurants and he asked me which one I would want to review and I said Casablanca!

Archived