Hal vs X customer service

cruise kitty

Going on my first HAL cruise this weekend, & of course I plan on comparing it to X. I was printing out our express docs, when I discovered DH's middle name was missing. Called the mariner society, gave booking #, she added the middle name in about 10 seconds, told me to log out, log back in & reprint his docs, it worked! I have been trying to get celebrity to fix the spelling of my name on my Captain's Club account for almost 8 years now. They finally fixed it before our cruise last year, & a few months ago, lo & behold, it somehow reverted back to the incorrect spelling. I love, love Celebrity, but I wish their cust. service would get a clue.

We were on Solstice in Feb. 2009 and Eurodam March 2010. We thought the service was pretty equal on both. The food on HAL was a step above Celebrity ( easy to add the pounds ). And the Eurodam was not as pretty as the Solstice. We also thought the Solstice was more comfortable and better laid out. Hope this helps have fun!!!!!!:D

Hi Kitty,

We are loyal HAL fans, but very much looking forward to our first X cruise out of San Juan on December 3.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! We're back on HAL for the Eastern Med next summer.

D.

We were on Solstice in Feb. 2009 and Eurodam March 2010. We thought the service was pretty equal on both. The food on HAL was a step above Celebrity ( easy to add the pounds ). And the Eurodam was not as pretty as the Solstice. We also thought the Solstice was more comfortable and better laid out. Hope this helps have fun!!!!!!:D

Celebrity's service on board is wonderful, & the S class ships are gorgeous, it's their shore side customer service that is abominable, I was just so surprised at how easy it was to fix my little name problem, considering I've been trying to fix mine with X for years now. Thanks for the tips, we're really looking forward to our little break next week.

Archived