Oasis 110610 - 111310 My Review

sjucruiser

Back from a wonderful cruise on Oasis 11/06/10 – 11/13/10. This is my first review so I would rate as Excellent, Good, Fair, and Poor

Check In/Out - Excellent

• Smooth as other people has said. After left the luggage in less than 20 minutes on ship. Check out is super simple.

Ship – WOW Excellent Ship

• Ship is awesome, beautiful ship.
  • Promenade - Beautiful area with a lot to do. Good parades.
  • Boardwalk - The favorite place of my daughter (the carrousel).
  • Sport Zone - Excellent area. Did the Zip Line it was fun, is short but remember you are on a ship.
  • Adventure Zone - Excellent area for kids all ages.
  • Central Park - my favorite area, quiet and relaxing and beautiful.
  • Solarium - Beautiful area but I did not use.
  • The ship moves a lot the whole week, maybe for the remainder of Hurricane Thomas.
  • Pool area was excellent but did not use due to cold water on the pools.
  • There is a bad odor on the back on the ship a few times on the back of the ship.
  • Never feel crowded.

Cabin - Fair

• Interior Cat. L, very narrow and small for more than two people.
  • Less storage than other ships.

Food - Good

• MDR - Good food, Rccl needs to change the menu (same as Liberty 2008). The service is fair.
  • Johnny Rockets - hamburger was overcooked. Fries and onion rings excellent. Shakes good taste.
  • Vintages – Excellent tapas, especially the octopus.
  • Park Café – Excellent Sandwiches, paninis, salads, fruits, and bagels.
  • Windjammer – Good food, look for a table before take the food.
  • Sorrento’s – Pizza is good.

Shows – Excellent

• Come Fly with Me – Wow excellent show.
  • Hairspray – Excellent (1 ½ hours)
  • Frozen In Time – Excellent and the Sand Artist is awesome.
  • Oasis Of Dreams – Excellent divers but the story is poor.
  • Earl Turner the Headliner – Excellent and lots of energy.
  • Imaginocean – The puppet show was excellent.

Would do it again without hesitation. Looking for the Allure on 2012

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. Still not sure why some people hate the ship and think their cruise onboard Oasis was not good.

I really don't know the ship has a lot to do for everybody. A week is not enough for a full experience on the ship.

I forgot to mention that Alan Brooks the cruise director is Boring.

I've never had Alan Brooks as a CD, so I wouldn't know how boring he is. I do agree w/ you on the dining room menu. I sailed Freedom in Sept and the menu is very similar to the menu I had when I last sailed in 2008. I think it's time to create some new dishes for the Royal Fleet Menu.

I really don't know the ship has a lot to do for everybody. A week is not enough for a full experience on the ship.

I forgot to mention that Alan Brooks the cruise director is Boring.

We were on your cruise and we all agreed about Allan Brooks. My review said same. :)

Is the bad odor you detected anywhere near the minature golf area? Near the Windjammer? Does it smell like sewage?

That's correct, on all open areas in the back of the ship and in some ports, but not on close areas. But that not happen all week, only some days.

We were on this cruise and really thought that the Cruise Director was sick or didn't make the ship because we didn't see or hear from him until I think Wednesday or Thursday. Not a big deal, but usually the Cruise Directors are all over the ship and very visible.

i was on the 11/6 Oasis also.... allan brooks is usually pretty good. i think he was a bit overwhelmed with the oasis. this was his first week onboard as cd. :) during his morning show, i wished he would've ditched that pink robe and coffee mug in the form of a small toilet. :eek: :eek:

:confused:

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. Still not sure why some people hate the ship and think their cruise onboard Oasis was not good.

My D. W. and I were on the Nov 6th. Oasis cruise We have sailed on most all classes of RCCL. ships and would have to say this was our least favorite. Like the O P mentioned the pools were so cold you could not have comfortable swim. and the Solarium Pool was a oversized Hot Tub. There was no way you could swim or exercise in it. Having only 2 banks of elevators for a ship that large creates problems for people with mobility problems. Having your closet in your living area was not too user friendly and the night stands with no drawers.:(Maybe this sounds like nit-picking but for us were issues. The Oasis is a beautiful ship and the staff was excellent. May be just a little overwhelming for us. :rolleyes:

I agree with you about Allan Brooks. I saw him introduce a couple of the shows, but other than that I never saw him. I was looking forward to the Love and Marriage Game Show...and while we had a few laughs it could have been better. Of course all of the activities....plus my 3 year old and 8 year old, wore my husband and I out. I could not believe we were in the cabin ready for bed by 10pm on most nights!! I really was looking forward to the 70' Parade and 80's night disco....but I could barely keep my eyes open!

Glad you had a great cruise!!

We were on this cruise and really thought that the Cruise Director was sick or didn't make the ship because we didn't see or hear from him until I think Wednesday or Thursday. Not a big deal, but usually the Cruise Directors are all over the ship and very visible.

We have had Allen Brooks before a couple of times on other ships and he was hilarious. He was also very visible. Seems like it isn't the same Allen Brooks that folks were speaking about on Oasis. Anyone know how long Allen Brooks will be on Oasis?

:confused:

My D. W. and I were on the Nov 6th. Oasis cruise We have sailed on most all classes of RCCL. ships and would have to say this was our least favorite. Like the O P mentioned the pools were so cold you could not have comfortable swim. and the Solarium Pool was a oversized Hot Tub. There was no way you could swim or exercise in it. Having only 2 banks of elevators for a ship that large creates problems for people with mobility problems. Having your closet in your living area was not too user friendly and the night stands with no drawers.:(Maybe this sounds like nit-picking but for us were issues. The Oasis is a beautiful ship and the staff was excellent. May be just a little overwhelming for us. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to be overwhelmed. We cruise on this beautiful ship next month and she will be all decked out for Christmas. Can't wait.

I agree with you about Allan Brooks. I saw him introduce a couple of the shows, but other than that I never saw him. I was looking forward to the Love and Marriage Game Show...and while we had a few laughs it could have been better. Of course all of the activities....plus my 3 year old and 8 year old, wore my husband and I out. I could not believe we were in the cabin ready for bed by 10pm on most nights!! I really was looking forward to the 70' Parade and 80's night disco....but I could barely keep my eyes open!

Glad you had a great cruise!!

I went to the 70's parade on Liberty 2008 and it was an awesome parade (don't remember the name of the CD), but on Oasis it was fair, Allan don't seem natural it always seem forced. I went to the Belly competition with Allan it was fair, nothing spectacular.

i was on the 11/6 Oasis also.... allan brooks is usually pretty good. i think he was a bit overwhelmed with the oasis. this was his first week onboard as cd. :) during his morning show, i wished he would've ditched that pink robe and coffee mug in the form of a small toilet. :eek: :eek:

Right? Hi Ty! The robe was also a little tight but could be they don't make men's robes in pink. LOL. He could have gotten an XL or something. :)

Archived