Another great Legend cruise! Nov 7-14

Irishlinny

You mentioned you had a table in the MDR in the corner of the upper level. Just wondering if you had the same waiters as we did in August. (Mario and German?) I was sorry we weren't on the main floor to see Ken Byrne sing...but at the same time we really enjoyed these waiters and we had a table by the window at the back of the ship which was nice.

Thanks for taking time to post the review and photos. It is always fun to read other opinions of a cruise that we have taken. We also did a tour with Victor Bodden, but did other activities in the other ports.

Someone posted about cave tubing...we did this for the second time and there is information and pictures in my review. The link is in my signature.

Someday I would love to have that cabin that you were in...

Great Review! We sailed the week before you did on the Legend. Our ports were rearranged as well: Coz on Tuesday, Belize on Wed, Roatan on Thurs and GC on Friday. We felt the effects of Hurricane Tomas the end of the week with rain in Roatan and not being able to tender in Grand Cayman due to rough seas.

We were on Level 3 for early dining but right at the edge at a table for two. Sorry you missed Ken Byrne as his voice is amazing. We were able to watch him every night and the first night I thought he was lip-syncing to Frank Sinatra.

By the way, we were in cabin 5236 on our Miracle cruise. Great location, long balcony but narrow but still room for two lounge chairs!

K

Great Review! We sailed the week before you did on the Legend. Our ports were rearranged as well: Coz on Tuesday, Belize on Wed, Roatan on Thurs and GC on Friday. We felt the effects of Hurricane Tomas the end of the week with rain in Roatan and not being able to tender in Grand Cayman due to rough seas.

We were on Level 3 for early dining but right at the edge at a table for two. Sorry you missed Ken Byrne as his voice is amazing. We were able to watch him every night and the first night I thought he was lip-syncing to Frank Sinatra.

By the way, we were in cabin 5236 on our Miracle cruise. Great location, long balcony but narrow but still room for two lounge chairs!

K

Would you happen to have any pics of your 5236 balcony and cabin? :D

You mentioned you had a table in the MDR in the corner of the upper level. Just wondering if you had the same waiters as we did in August. (Mario and German?) I was sorry we weren't on the main floor to see Ken Byrne sing...but at the same time we really enjoyed these waiters and we had a table by the window at the back of the ship which was nice.

Thanks for taking time to post the review and photos. It is always fun to read other opinions of a cruise that we have taken. We also did a tour with Victor Bodden, but did other activities in the other ports.

Someone posted about cave tubing...we did this for the second time and there is information and pictures in my review. The link is in my signature.

Someday I would love to have that cabin that you were in...

No, they were not our waiters, but we loved ours! We just felt a little out of the way, tucked back into the corner. I love reading other reviews, too! I wish I could have gotten my pics to be larger, but I'm a little tech challenged:o I knew if I waited to do the review, I would end up not doing it...just like the past 5 cruises I took!:rolleyes:

Hope you are able to score one of these cabins...it was perfect!

K

So you were switched, too! At least with a storm around, I can see the reasoning, but we had no storms during our cruise...was just weird.

Yes, I was very disappointed to miss Ken...another cruise, hopefully!

Long and narrow is still better than the regular balconies;) And the location could not be any better for us!

Thanks for the review. We are going on our first cruise in March 2011, so I pass the time reading about other cruises on the Legend. Sounds like you had a great time...can't wait!

You should join our roll call....Carnival Legend Roll Call 3/20/11

We're a fun group of people if I do say so myself!!:D

We have that same cabin, but not until next September! Do you have any other pictures of the balcony or the cabin itself?

Mind if I butt in? Just back from the Legend and I had #6232 (sleeps 4)which is the same as the OP's cabin. Here are some photos:

PA230108.JPG

40thBday%20024.jpg

40thBday%20022.jpg

40thBday%20025.jpg

You will love it! Happy sailing!

Gina

For Cozumel we had planned to go to Nachi Cocom for the first time. We got off the ship and shopped around a little (something told me I wouldn't want to do it after a day of drinking on the beach!). We then caught a cab to Nachi (10-15 minute ride)...in Cozumel the cab prices are flat rates and the prices are all posted there. The rate to Nachi is $15 each way. Our friends had decided to go to the ruins...we wished they were with us.

Nachi was very nice and not crowded at all (they allow 100 people per day max). It's $49 all inclusive...lounges, any drinks, and a 3 course meal. I thought you went to the restaurant area to eat, but they actually bring the menus and food to your lounges! You get the same waiter for the day, and they are great. No way would I want to hoof back and forth over that sand all day...YIKES! The service was good, as was the food and the selection...we had more than enough to eat, for sure.

They also have a pool with swim-up bar and hot tub. I wanted to check out the swim up bar, but it was a little too rowdy over there. I figured if I could hear this drunk girl halfway down the beach, I really wouldn't enjoy being right next to her:eek:

We had a nice relaxing beach day, straight out of a Corona commercial...perfect way to end the cruise.

Loved you review - thank you!! We are sailing the Legend Christmas week this year I just have a couple of questions when you did Nachi Cocum did you book in advance or just take a cab and hope for the best? The $49 is that the same price for children? When you say it included drinks does this include alcohol?

We have booked a tour with Victor Boden which we are all looking forward to after reading such great reviews about his company, we are doing the zip and dip, not sure about the zip part though - I may need pushing off the ledge, lol!

Loved you review - thank you!! We are sailing the Legend Christmas week this year I just have a couple of questions when you did Nachi Cocum did you book in advance or just take a cab and hope for the best? The $49 is that the same price for children? When you say it included drinks does this include alcohol?

We have booked a tour with Victor Boden which we are all looking forward to after reading such great reviews about his company, we are doing the zip and dip, not sure about the zip part though - I may need pushing off the ledge, lol!

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it:)

As far as I know you need to book Nachi ahead of time. They limit it to 100 people per day, so it's also possible that it could be full, especially at a peak time like your cruise. The charges are different for children of different age groups (I'm putting a link in here for you to check out). Yes, the $49 includes alcoholic beverages:D Not sure of the ages of your children, but this possibly may not be the best place for them...they don't have all the water toys, etc which some of the resorts do. Paradise Beach may be a better bet...it's very nice there, but holds alot more people. They have a bunch of things for kids to do in the water..the big inflatable rock wall, etc. I think we were seeing Mr Sanchos from the beach at Nachi and it looked like they were more geared for kids as well. Since Nachi includes alcohol, it can be a popular party place, so up to you if you want your kids there;) It wasn't out of control or anything while we were there, but the pool people were pretty rowdy. There were some kids there, though, and they seemed to be doing fine.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

I think you will enjoy Victor's tour...if you're animal lovers, spend the $5 to do his sanctuary...the monkeys are just too darn cute! We saw the zip line at his place...I wouldn't do it, but it didn't look too bad. The one we saw while driving around later....YIKES!:eek: My adventure gene has certainly shrunk with age...LOL!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL cruise...I am now a LONGGGG way away from my next one...

Thanks for replying so quickly, I just took a look at the website and think our kids will love it, they are 10 and 12 and as long as they can swim they are happy :)

We are doing the monkeys at Victors it is all in with the tour - cant wait!!

By the time we leave on this cruise it will be a whole year since our last one and I am having serious withdrawl symptoms, I think this weekend we will book our next so we have something to look forward to as soon as we ger back.

Thanks for replying so quickly, I just took a look at the website and think our kids will love it, they are 10 and 12 and as long as they can swim they are happy :)

We are doing the monkeys at Victors it is all in with the tour - cant wait!!

By the time we leave on this cruise it will be a whole year since our last one and I am having serious withdrawl symptoms, I think this weekend we will book our next so we have something to look forward to as soon as we ger back.

My kids were always the same way...give them water and they were happy! And what ended up being their sport? Synchronized Swimming! LOL!;)

The kids will love the monkeys, for sure.

Here is a link to all our pics if you're addicted as I am before I cruise...

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff367/bigd31998/Carnival%20Legend%20November%207th%202010/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

I agree that having a cruise booked before you do this one will definitely help take the sting out of coming home...I try to do that all the time.;) I would say to join us our group on the Freedom in November, but that wouldn't work for the kiddos....

Thanks for your review, it's great!!! We are thinking of the Legend for September or October 2011. We're trying to decide!

I highly recommend the Legend...just love this ship! And since you have been exclusively on the smaller ships, it will be a whole new experience for you! We sailed in October last year with the Saints & Sinners and it was great! This October would have been a challenge with all the storms...just luck of the draw, I guess. Good luck deciding!:)

I think this weekend we will book our next so we have something to look forward to as soon as we ger back.

So true! I have major PCDS (Post-Cruise Depression Syndrome) if I don't have one booked when I get off the one I'm on! :p

See you on the Legend on the 19th!

So true! I have major PCDS (Post-Cruise Depression Syndrome) if I don't have one booked when I get off the one I'm on! :p

See you on the Legend on the 19th!

Absolutely true! Not nearly as bad if I have one booked ahead of time;)

One thing I forgot to mention in my review was the deck parties...they seem to be doing it differently now. In the past, there was usually one actual deck party, followed by a mini buffet and it started late...11-11:30. On this cruise, there were a number of them, alternating between the main Lido and the aft Lido, from 10-11:30. They were themed...70's, 50's & 60's. Now, needless to say, selfishly, I didn't like when they held them on my normally peaceful aft Lido. In addition, it's not the best place because you really couldn't see the dancing from many points. However, they were very popular, and I think they may have done it this way to spare the folks on the Panorama deck from having noise above them every nite. So that was fair enough. Just another observation I thought I would share!:)

For Cozumel we had planned to go to Nachi Cocom for the first time. We got off the ship and shopped around a little (something told me I wouldn't want to do it after a day of drinking on the beach!). We then caught a cab to Nachi (10-15 minute ride)...in Cozumel the cab prices are flat rates and the prices are all posted there. The rate to Nachi is $15 each way. Our friends had decided to go to the ruins...we wished they were with us.

Nachi was very nice and not crowded at all (they allow 100 people per day max). It's $49 all inclusive...lounges, any drinks, and a 3 course meal. I thought you went to the restaurant area to eat, but they actually bring the menus and food to your lounges! You get the same waiter for the day, and they are great. No way would I want to hoof back and forth over that sand all day...YIKES! The service was good, as was the food and the selection...we had more than enough to eat, for sure.

They also have a pool with swim-up bar and hot tub. I wanted to check out the swim up bar, but it was a little too rowdy over there. I figured if I could hear this drunk girl halfway down the beach, I really wouldn't enjoy being right next to her:eek:

We had a nice relaxing beach day, straight out of a Corona commercial...perfect way to end the cruise.

th_P1000326.jpg?t=1290037902

th_P1000325.jpg?t=1290037902

th_P1000330.jpg?t=1290037902

th_P1000339.jpg?t=1290037902

th_P1000342.jpg?t=1290037902

I was at Nachi the same day and I agree that the bunch at the swim up bar was very loud and rowdy. We just stayed and hung out at our chairs.

Mind if I butt in? Just back from the Legend and I had #6232 (sleeps 4)which is the same as the OP's cabin. Here are some photos:

PA230108.JPG

40thBday%20024.jpg

40thBday%20022.jpg

40thBday%20025.jpg

You will love it! Happy sailing!

Gina

I had this room on our cruise that got back on Nov 14th. It was great.

I had this room on our cruise that got back on Nov 14th. It was great.

You were right below us?!?! Now that's too funny! I'm sorry we never got to meet:( We only met 2 couples from our roll call...I blame the awesome balcony:o We went to check it out and never made it back up to the Unicorn! Hope you guys enjoyed the cruise as much as we did!:)

WOOOHOO great review Linny!!!:D

I'm searching out one of those balconies for sure, prolly on the Miracle next year!!

Thanks, my sweet Floatie! Yup, this balcony was another third larger than my suite balcony on the Miracle in May;) When are you sailing the Miracle? We loved that ship as much as the Legend! And of course, since one of our stops (out of NY) was Half Moon Cay, I couldn't help but think of you and the rogue wave!;):D:D

You were right below us?!?! Now that's too funny! I'm sorry we never got to meet:( We only met 2 couples from our roll call...I blame the awesome balcony:o We went to check it out and never made it back up to the Unicorn! Hope you guys enjoyed the cruise as much as we did!:)

I am sorry we didn't get to meet you guys to. We did get to meet one other couple the morning we were stuffing all of our luggage into the truck at the Mainsail. Penny was nice enough to take our picture before we left the hotel. We spent a good bit of time on our balcony to. I never made it to the Lido deck during sail away. I stayed on the balcony and enjoyed the peace and quiet. We had a blast. The girls loved it. They fell in love with our servers in the dining room and they want to go back next summer. They found out that one of out servers will be back on the Legend next June, July, and August and they want to go when she is there.

Archived