Ugh!

jollycruise

Hate when that happens. If you're writing something long online, best to hit preview post every so often, along with selecting all of it and doing a copy (ctrl-c) so it's in your clipboard and you can paste (ctrl-v) it if you lose it.

Or better yet, write it offline in word, notepad, or another tool. Then copy and paste into your message.

I have a site where that happens often. I have learned to COPY longer replies before hitting POST.

Hint: sometimes you can use the BACK button on your browser and you stuff is still there.

Hint #2 - I think there is setting somewhere in the USER CP so that you do not get logged out as easy.

I'm sorry and as others have posted, have also had it happen. I started writing blogs on board a while back, and for those, quickly learned to both read and write off line. I would copy anything posted in my thread, paste it to word, and sign off...then read and respond or write the next post in word. My best time was a total of 4 minutes for both copying and then signing on to post. Even here at home, I write longer posts in word, and then paste to the board.

Al

I absolutely feel your pain. The same thing happened to me a couple cruises ago and it is a PAINFUL lesson! But from that experience I have really taken to heart the saving to word pad or similar preventative measure, each and every time I write a longer blog. Guess that is why experience is as our best teacher...

I just spent almost 2 hours writting my Sky review, hit submit and Cruise critic had logged me out. Wow, I really have no words right now...

Oh no! I hate when that happens.

Always write something like that in a progam like Word and make sure you save it frequently so you will alwyas have your own copy. Additional benefits are things like spell check. Once its done, copy and paste it into teh online service where you want to post it.

Archived