Azamara site down for maintenance

uktog

Obviously we will see the detail in due course but whilst you can access the front page, many others are not available.

I wonder, has some of Bill's early efforts coming to fruition - if it is, thank you and well done

Obviously we will see the detail in due course but whilst you can access the front page, many others are not available.

I wonder, has some of Bill's early efforts coming to fruition - if it is, thank you and well done

Hi Uktog !

I suspect that nothing major has changed since yesterday. FYI, Celebrity launched a major update to their Captains Club section of their website today (btw, kudos to Celebrity for some excellent additions), and that's probably why both the Celebrity & Azamara websites were down last night. I've noticed that when Celebrity's website is down for maintenance, Azamara's website is usually down as well. I believe that will eventually change.

With that said, Azamara has made an excellent addition with the new Destination Immersion microsite : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/destinationimmersion. I'm fairly certain there is more to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Web Users-

I know that our site leaves much to be desired and one of our top priorities for 2011 is to redesign the site pending the approval for the additional investment to make structural changes to the site. In the meantime, we appreciate and value very much your taking the time to point out specific information issues so that we can make content and photo adjustments directly to our site.

However, errors that are caused by the structure of our site result from the fact that it is still connected to Celebrity’s platform. That explains why both our sites might not be available when one or the other is being updated. In fact, in an earlier post, I mentioned that our technology department was in the process of separating our Le Club Voyage past guest loyalty program from the Celebrity platform to one of its own. While that task is still pending, we have corrected the previous communication issues to our past guests.

So for the next three or four months we will be operating with our current structure; however, that does not mean that our content should be outdated or incorrect – we have direct access to modify, delete and new content. We are engaged in an ongoing audit of our content. So when you point out incorrect information, we will resolve what you have mentioned.

We realize how important a friendly and accurate website is to your entire Azamara experience and will make a determined effort to ensure the accuracy of our content so that you are confident when you use it. We appreciate your loyalty to our company.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks Bill, good explanation!

Even though I've not been a big fan of Azamara's "back office", it looks like they on their way to some positve changes. Personally I'm going to cut them some slack for a while and see what comes down the road.

While the website has not been the best, it has been functional and while it was not always totally accurate those of us who are on this board still

found out the facts. Both Bill and Host Andy have have come up with

the answers we need.

Luggage tags arrived yesterday, soon time to think about packing....

Dear Web Users-

I know that our site leaves much to be desired and one of our top priorities for 2011 is to redesign the site pending the approval for the additional investment to make structural changes to the site. In the meantime, we appreciate and value very much your taking the time to point out specific information issues so that we can make content and photo adjustments directly to our site.

However, errors that are caused by the structure of our site result from the fact that it is still connected to Celebrity’s platform. That explains why both our sites might not be available when one or the other is being updated. In fact, in an earlier post, I mentioned that our technology department was in the process of separating our Le Club Voyage past guest loyalty program from the Celebrity platform to one of its own. While that task is still pending, we have corrected the previous communication issues to our past guests.

So for the next three or four months we will be operating with our current structure; however, that does not mean that our content should be outdated or incorrect – we have direct access to modify, delete and new content. We are engaged in an ongoing audit of our content. So when you point out incorrect information, we will resolve what you have mentioned.

We realize how important a friendly and accurate website is to your entire Azamara experience and will make a determined effort to ensure the accuracy of our content so that you are confident when you use it. We appreciate your loyalty to our company.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

The problem is most people dont understand what a major PIA project you have in seperating from Celebrity on so many levels and in the meantime also depending on them

it's not just one little web developer loading a simple picture or rate..

Yes the info should be up to date...

but I dont think most people truly understand what it means to seperate technology platforms and how much time

(as in months not minutes) this takes

The world is use to instant change and updates and has no clue what it takes to make those.

The best thing AZ can do in the meantime is have you come on here and tell it the way it is and hopefully that will keep people understanding the delay....

The world is use to instant change and updates and has no clue what it takes to make those. The best thing AZ can do in the meantime is have you come on here and tell it the way it is and hopefully that will keep people understanding the delay....

I have to respectfully disagree. I DO know what it takes to make these changes. My son is in the business. Azamara knew that a complete redesign had to be done months ago. Perhaps the people in charge didn't give those assigned the task clear directions. Or, there was not enough staff to do the job. Or nobody could quite decide what they wanted.

If Azamara posts here, they will miss the majority of their passengers and potential passengers. Most people do not read Cruise Critic.:( So potential customers go to a web site and get misinformation and wonder if the ships are messed up too. As they say "You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression."

This is a problem that should have had a solution ages ago.

I have to respectfully disagree. I DO know what it takes to make these changes. My son is in the business. Azamara knew that a complete redesign had to be done months ago. Perhaps the people in charge didn't give those assigned the task clear directions. Or, there was not enough staff to do the job. Or nobody could quite decide what they wanted.

If Azamara posts here, they will miss the majority of their passengers and potential passengers. Most people do not read Cruise Critic.:( So potential customers go to a web site and get misinformation and wonder if the ships are messed up too. As they say "You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression."

Hi TGG

thanks for respectfully disagreeing...I mean that seriously.

I actually agree with you that most people dont read CruiseCritic, but at least those that do and take the time express their frustration would know why problems exist.

It looks like both of us have people close to us in a facet of the tech industry. My DH works hand in hand with the architects of his company (a leading Business Software Management that most Fortune 500 companies use, including other cruise lines) and at times higher ups in deciding what platforms a company uses and then implementing them. As his company brings newly acquired companies into the fold and he also works on CUI interfacing which in itself is a big project. Separating from Celebrity and creating your own platform is time consuming behind the scenes work. The best analogy many could probably identify with, would be a house remodel.

You are right that you dont get a 2nd chance to make a good impression.

It's too bad that AZ is in the position that they are in with their website. And as you mentioned why wasn't this address months ago...this is probably something that we wont be privvy to, which in turn makes the implementation of this seperation from Celebrity, new platform, then building upon that and all that entails more time consuming than the most NOT ALL (as in your case) understand.

Perhaps they should also address this head on ON THE WEBSITE

and on the front page. Give the timeline of when they decided to do this project and when they expect to have the results delivered and keep updating it.

Sometimes when you address an obvious issue head on and admit a problem it becomes somewhat diffused until corrections can be made.

In the meantime...

Hopefully, these same tech savvy people that are viewing the website and becoming frustrated will also be able to type into a search engine Azamara reviews and will find other forums that address the many positive experiences many of us have had.

K.

And I was only pointing out (on a differant thread) a simple link to a pdf that was for a promotion that expired before the summer. It has nothing to do with a complete redesign which may be in the works. It's a promotion that had to be booked months ago and all sailing have already been completed. What tech guru is needed to remove it?

I agree with Jade13. As Bill Leiber said, completely changing platforms and separating the two companies may be a lengthy project. Changing a bit of content is another thing. There are numerous examples of incorrect content on the Azamara site.

It is a good thing the actual cruise experience is so wonderful. It is too bad many people will be dissuaded from learning that because of a very confusing website.

Archived