which would you choose?

JustJamieH

Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay Jamaica

OR

Cozumel, Roatan, Belize

and why would you choose it?

We all love Cozumel. None of us have been to Belize/Roatan. I have been to Grandy Cayman and Jamaica b efore, but I'd like to experience Dunns River Falls with my hunnie. I'm sure we'll end up doing both, but for right now I'm trying to start planning what's up next. :)

Thanks in advance for your input.

OR

Cozumel, Roatan, Belize

We all love Cozumel. None of us have been to Belize/Roatan. I have been to Grandy Cayman and Jamaica b efore, but I'd like to experience Dunns River Falls with my hunnie. I'm sure we'll end up doing both, but for right now I'm trying to start planning what's up next. :)

Do you mean Ocho Rios? The falls are in Ocho Rios.

Well from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios is about a two hour bus ride....that's 4 hours of traveling to and fro, which will not leave you much time at the falls unless it's an 8 hour excursion. Roatan, while we did not get a chance to go far, was beautiful, and when we were at Belize, we went to Goff's Caye to snorkel, and I still dream of going back. It's been a while since my last Jamaica trip, but for one day, 4 hours of traveling, I think i would plan Dunn's River Falls for a true land vacation.

Easy for me....Roatan and Belize but I agree with others that you will probably have to plan something. Neither is a place where there is much of anything at the port. For in fact 4yrs ago there was absolutley nothing at the port in Roatan but a concreats slab. Belize is a tender port and your dropped in a small area with some shops but thats about it.

Roatan I would def rate as one of my fav ports..#1 or 2 pick. Its a very poor island, dirt roads and not alot that is real exciting but what I loved and really appreciated was the people. I have never felt the hospitality anywhere in the world that i felt there. Its a slow paced island, beach at West End is nice, water is calm and fair. It just feels right being on that island.

Belize on the otherhand is much different...one of the best and biggest reefs in the world so the scuba and snorkeling is awesome. Its a very lush more mountainess port. Cave tubing is unique to this port and the beer...devine on a hot day!

I do love grand cayman but Jamaica you can have. Been there once and I said I would never come back and I havent. Falls are nice, no dout but what you have to put up with to enjoy them is crazy. I was in Ocho so I cant speak for Montego but I avoid Jamaica at all costs.

Cozmul, Roatan, Belize would be my choice. I have been to all you have asked about.

Belize you can go river tubing (not through the ship), snorkeling and a river/jeep combination tour) which we enjoyed all three. Have been there several times. Like others stated the port is just a bunch of shops.

Roatan is laid back, beautiful beach and nice people. You stated you have been to Cozmul.

Jamica has been the least safe place we have visited of all islands. It also has the rudess vendors we have ever encountered. Dunns Falls is fun, BUT if you go leave my the entrance NOT the exit. They will try to stop you but refuse to go out of the exit. It is a maze of vendors with dead ends and you feel like a rat trying to get out. Also the vendors are aggressive and extremely rude. We had to help a Mother and daughter get out of the mess as they were scared to death. I have no desire to ever visit Jamica and it's people ever again. But, that is our view, it may not be others.

We have cruised to Europe, almost every Carribean island and other areas and Jamica is the only place we ever felt unsafe or encountered such rude vendors.

Whatever you decide I hope is a wonderful experience. Take care of yourself and have fun!:)

Roatan is wonderful !!! If you are a beach person Tabayna Beach one of my favorite places. We also enjoyed Belize. I was not intimidated in Belize, we got on our bus and went on a tour of the city, then went for the airboat ride to see the manatees. It was a nice day.

I would say the second one, just simply because I was not a huge fan of Ocho Rios, the Dunns Falls was very nice but now that I have seen it I would really prefer to try another port as this was not one of my favourites and I have not done the other ports.

Cozmul, Roatan, Belize would be my choice. I have been to all you have asked about.

Belize you can go river tubing (not through the ship), snorkeling and a river/jeep combination tour) which we enjoyed all three. Have been there several times. Like others stated the port is just a bunch of shops.

Roatan is laid back, beautiful beach and nice people. You stated you have been to Cozmul.

Jamica has been the least safe place we have visited of all islands. It also has the rudess vendors we have ever encountered. Dunns Falls is fun, BUT if you go leave my the entrance NOT the exit. They will try to stop you but refuse to go out of the exit. It is a maze of vendors with dead ends and you feel like a rat trying to get out. Also the vendors are aggressive and extremely rude. We had to help a Mother and daughter get out of the mess as they were scared to death. I have no desire to ever visit Jamica and it's people ever again. But, that is our view, it may not be others.

We have cruised to Europe, almost every Carribean island and other areas and Jamica is the only place we ever felt unsafe or encountered such rude vendors.

Whatever you decide I hope is a wonderful experience. Take care of yourself and have fun!:)

I would agree with the "leave through the exit". Actually everyone else treated us great (Our tour operator Phil and others at the river tubing), but the vendors were extremely agressive.

I read this before we went I thought, "Pffft I can just say no, what is the big deal". As we are leaving Dunns Falls we had vendors literally following/jogging to catch up and trying to block us by standing in front of us. There was first one and then three saying such things getting more and more aggressive in this fashion:

Help me out, Don't be rude

Have some respect

Why you running girl? (After this we were out)

Leave then

OR

Cozumel, Roatan, Belize

Without a doubt, my husband and I'd love to return to Roatan and Belize for a 3rd time! So that would be our choice :).

Roatan is just a beautiful island. We went to the gorgeous Tabyana Beach on each visit. We'd either go back to Tabyana or take an island tour (Victor Bodden tours gets top reviews, so perhaps with them) and add a beach stop with it.

Belize is another beautiful place. First time there we went on the Belize Zoo and City Tour and loved it! It was amazing to see animals native to Belize :cool:. The second time there we went on the Laminai and New River Tour and loved it! I can't put into words how incredibly awesome it was to climb a Mayan temple - my first and hopefully not the last, but who knows, some of the ruins are being closed to climbing (Tulum, Chichen Itza (sp?)) :(, and that worries me.

We loved our trip to Ocho Rios and seeing (me) and climbing (hubby) Dunn River Falls. Beautiful and well worth seeing and doing!

But I'd choose Roatan and Belize first

Definately the second one.

I'm no fan of Jamaica, and I think that Cayman is no great shakes either. I also agree that Dunn's River Falls were no big deal, definately not worth 4 hours on a bus, NO WAY.

LOVE Roatan (and Tabayana Beach) and Belize was just OK. But way better than Jamaica.

1) Go for the new and exciting POC that you haven't experienced yet.....then at a later date, you can make up your own mind which itinerary you would repeat.

2) Unless it was to visit the end of the rainbow to see the pot of gold, I wouldn't do a 4 hr RT bus ride on any island!

Archived