What does NCL do on Thanksgiving?

roveer

We are on the Jewel this weekend and I started to wonder will NCL have any Thanksgiving fare on Thursday? This won't be a huge deal for us as we've traveled once before on Thanksgiving and had our tg dinner at the Whoop De Do Review in WDW. That's the place where it's like an old west stage show and dinner. They slammed the corn bread on the table and just about got my 3rd daughter levatating she was so surprised. We still laugh and joke about our crazy Thanksgiving dinner. Sometimes it's fun when things go all whacky.

We were on the Dawn last Thanksgiving and will be on the Epic this Thanksgiving.

All Restaurants on the ship offered a Thanksgiving meal as well as their other regular options for theose who do not like or want turkey.

The Epic actually had a turkey dinner one night in the MDR during our Sept/Oct cruise so I am sure they will have it. I thought it a little strange at the time but I can see how turkey might be a cheaper meat to serve than other types...

The Epic actually had a turkey dinner one night in the MDR during our Sept/Oct cruise so I am sure they will have it. I thought it a little strange at the time but I can see how turkey might be a cheaper meat to serve than other types...

Turkey and all its fixings may not be up to the standard of Gordon Ramsey's fine dining, but its an American traditional dish, not European. Very suitable for the American holiday of Thanksgiving. Not to mention Christmas too...

While I enjoy European continental dishes such as beef wellington, leg of lamb, veal parmesan, pork hocks, mussels, and cornish hens... I enjoy American dishes such as turkey, prime rib, fried chicken, pork chops, roast beef, shrimp, and lobster as well...

We were on the Sky a couple years back for Thanksgiving. They did offer a turkey and fixings meal in the MDR. It was okay, nothing special.

The MDRs were busier than usual too. More people wanted a sit down dinner for Thanksgiving instead of the buffet. I imagine the specialty restaurants were busier as well, for those who wanted a special meal instead traditional fare. So plan accordingly.

2 years ago on Star, the "thanksgiving" dinner was pretty fancy - turkey rollade, sweetpotato souffle, sauteed veggies. Tasty but not a traditional thanksgiving dinner. Found out later that they were carving turkey in the buffet so i sort wish we had of done that. We did enjoy snagging some of the turkey and dressing and cranberry sauce and making our traditional post thanksgiving dinner sandwich!

Turkey and all its fixings may not be up to the standard of Gordon Ramsey's fine dining, but its an American traditional dish, not European. Very suitable for the American holiday of Thanksgiving. Not to mention Christmas too...

While I enjoy European continental dishes such as beef wellington, leg of lamb, veal parmesan, pork hocks, mussels, and cornish hens... I enjoy American dishes such as turkey, prime rib, fried chicken, pork chops, roast beef, shrimp, and lobster as well...

Now don't get me wrong, I love turkey, but since I am American I really enjoyed the European food, and the curries were to die for ;)

Archived