Optional Tours Avalon Tapestry Legendary Danube

sassy12

- I'm wondering what side tours are offered on this cruise and the approximate cost of each.

We're doing this cruise in September as our first river cruise and can't seem to find out what some of the optional tours are. I'm sure the ones included will be excellent but like to check my options. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll try to help a fellow Hoosier (born and reared but no longer there!)

There are currently no excursions listed for your cruise....probably because it is still too far in the future. You probably know this all ready but if you look at your cruise listing:

http://avalonwaterways.com/product.aspx?trip=1WNB0&content=overview

under the picture there are several "tabs" and one of those is "excursions"; keeping checking that site and eventually they will list them. You can also go to cruises that are about to leave and have some ports in common and you could see what is being offered for optionals for that cruise. Finally, we were offered, among others, Salzburg, Cesky Krulov, and various concerts in Vienna as optionals. I don't know if you have the time but we took a Monogram Tour before our cruise to Budapest, Vienna and Prague, returned to Budapest and then boarded the ship. Monogram is part of the Globus family of brands of which Avalon is one, too. They make it easy to add Monograms onto the beginning and/or ending of the cruise. Have fun!

Many thanks for your reply. I thought maybe someone who had just completed one of the cruises might be able to tell me what they had available. I'll certainly start looking this spring.

Thanks again for your help fellow Hoosier!!

Sassy, I had the same question about optional excursions on my Uniworld cruise in May 2011. I sent an email to the address on their website and they emailed me back with the information. The only thing they didn't include was the pricing.

Maybe you could find a telephone or email address on their website and ask them directly.

Archived