Upgrade 2 connecting cabins to one suite

Boatingmom

HAS ANYBODY EVER BEEN UPGRADE FROM TWO CONNECTING CABINS TO A SUITE. mY FAMILY OF FOUR USUALLY SAILS IN A LARGE BALONY OR MINI SUITE. I WAS TALKED INTO THE CONNECTING CABINS BECAUSE IT OFFERED TWO BATHROOMS. NOWI AM WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS EVER BEEN UPGRADED. WE WOULD SURVIVE WITH ONE BATHROOM IF IT WAS A LARGE ENOUGH SUITE. I GUESS A VISTA WOULD BE TO SMALL, BUT AN OCEAN OR A GRAND ON THE LEGEND WOULD BE NICE:D

If the 2 cabins were in a location I was happy with, I would not opt for the suite. I would prefer the privacy afforded by having DH and myself in our own cabin, in addition to the 2 bathrooms. Some of the suites have a separate bedroom, but most do not. We had an Ocean Suite on the Miracle...one larger room.

Have fun on the Legend! She and the Miracle are our favorites!:)

I tried to downgrade into 2 cabins .. no dice with ES .. but you can always keep track of the suite prices yourself and if the price isnt too much extra, pay to upgrade yourself.

If they did call with a upsell, it would more than likely be for the occupants of the cabin they were calling .. not for both cabins... and odds would be even slimmer still to ask you to move to one cabin.

The Legend has a balcony cabin that connects to an inside cabin (located forward on each deck-both sides)

I would not give up two cabins for one--even if the space is larger.

Those aft corner suits will not hold 4 people so they would not even offer that to you.

You give up your privacy and two bathrooms:

this is what a suite will look like on the Legnd

281910401lIAgsn_th.jpg

On Conquest we had an aft wrap for us and the cabin next door for our sons. Two days before sailing we received an upsell call to move all four of us to a grand suite for an extra $500. We turned it down because (a) we booked the cruise for the aft wrap and (b) we didn't want to go from two bathrooms to one. Later than afternoon they called back with a new offer - move to the grand suite and the boys' fares would be put on our S&S account as on-board credit (roughly $1300 credit). They must have really wanted those two aft cabins! We took the second offer, although I hated giving up the aft wrap.

On Conquest we had an aft wrap for us and the cabin next door for our sons. Two days before sailing we received an upsell call to move all four of us to a grand suite for an extra $500. We turned it down because (a) we booked the cruise for the aft wrap and (b) we didn't want to go from two bathrooms to one. Later than afternoon they called back with a new offer - move to the grand suite and the boys' fares would be put on our S&S account as on-board credit (roughly $1300 credit). They must have really wanted those two aft cabins! We took the second offer, although I hated giving up the aft wrap.

Id bet some big wig wanted your cabin .. so no matter what it cost... they were going to give him a aft wrap.

I just did a aft JS on RCL and I still think those wraps are better. Iv found I feel cut off with just a aft view, I want a side view. The aft wraps are so much more open feeling, thats the wonderful part. They are the best cabins to me too.

Id bet some big wig wanted your cabin .. so no matter what it cost... they were going to give him a aft wrap.
LOL - That's pretty much what our PVP told us after we returned. We have the same cabin booked on Freedom in February, and I'm not planning on giving it up again!:D

Archived