Adults only all-inclusive in Montego Bay?

publicpersona

Looking for recommendations for an adults only all-inclusive when porting in Montego Bay. I've seen recommendations for Sunset, but with all the water slides, pirate ship, etc., I wonder if that might be better suited for families.

By "adults only", I mean a place where I can float in the pool and visit the pool bar without encountering a crying baby or ten-year-olds splashing each other.

Open to other suggestions as well.

Sounds GREAT to me, hope someone helps you out so I can check it out also! Right now we're planning on staying on the ship as we've been there-done that in Jamaica.

We've been on many cruises to Jamaica (usually Ocho Rios, once or twice in Montego Bay). We also got to the point of just staying on the ship. Then we got a recommendation to try Sandals Dunns River and it was wonderful. I floated in the pool and drank exotic drinks all day long.

That resort is now closed, and we were prepared to try Couples San Souci this time. But, our ship is now stopping in Montego Bay instead of Ocho Rios, so I'm looking for something similar there.

We've been on many cruises to Jamaica (usually Ocho Rios, once or twice in Montego Bay). We also got to the point of just staying on the ship. Then we got a recommendation to try Sandals Dunns River and it was wonderful. I floated in the pool and drank exotic drinks all day long.

That resort is now closed, and we were prepared to try Couples San Souci this time. But, our ship is now stopping in Montego Bay instead of Ocho Rios, so I'm looking for something similar there.

There are 2 Sandals resorts in Montego Bay. Sandals Montego Bay is literally on the airport runway. Sandals Royal Caribbean is just a little further along the same road. We have been to both several times. We prefer Sandals Royal Caribbean. Make sure you go out to the island. They serve lunch out there and lots of secluded spots to enjoy.

Hi,

I posted another thread under "adults only" I was thinking this - how about we get a group of a few thousand adults and charter a cruise ship without kids. We'd have to plan in advance but I figure we can use these boards to find some like minded folks. I can only travel in the summer and can't afford the luxury lines but think HAL or Princess would be fine and relaxing if it were adults only. What do you think? can it be done?

Sammydog52

Hey There,

Other options that I could recommend are the new Secrets resort, minutes away from the cruise terminal. Any of the Sandals resorts or Iberostar Grand/Suites (my favourite at the moment), which is a bit further than the Sandals.

I would also recommend Rose Hall resort & Spa - Hilton resort; even though there are kids there, its a great resort!.. located between the Sandals and Iberostar!!

Have fun!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey There,

Other options that I could recommend are the new Secrets resort, minutes away from the cruise terminal.

Good recommendation. I checked with them and a day pass is $95! That's getting to be a bit pricey, I think, particularly without transportation from the ship, and since the ship arrives at 10 AM and leaves at 5 PM.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey There,

Other options that I could recommend are the new Secrets resort, minutes away from the cruise terminal.

Have fun!!:D

We did! The Secrets Wild Orchid was perfect. Although they had said in advance by email it was $95, they only charged us $80. The drinks were top-notch, and Secrets Wild Orchid is new and clean. Great recommendation!

You could just about walk there from the cruise ship. Unfortunately, you have to exit the port area by going in the opposite direction, so it might be about 3/4 to a mile to get there. We took a "taxi" (outside the port gates, so it was just a guy with his car) who told us it would be $5 but suddenly that turned into $10 when we got there. He got $5.

I highly recommend Secrets to anyone looking for an adults all-inclusive in Montego Bay.

Hi Publicpersona,

What did you get for the $80? Was that per person? I know I must sound cheap, but I am paying for my and the boyfriend's cruise...and I'm just underpaid, overworked and reallllly need a vacation.

Thanks

Yes, per person. Access to their beach, the pool(s), and all you can eat and drink ... in other words, everything the resort describes except a room. The food at the pool grill was a little disappointing, but there were many other venues that were likely much better. It is worth it if you can consume your share of drinks. These are drinks that are more than just rum and Coke .. some of these frozen concoctions like a Bob Marley take three blenders to make.

Check out their web site for pictures of their pool and beach. If you think you will enjoy them combined with 6-10 very good drinks, it is worth it. I certainly would recommend doing an AI over paying $60-$100 for a shore excursion that I was just doing because there was nothing else to do.

Archived