wacky question

MamaParrotHead

OK guys, my DH HAS to sleep with a fan going in his room (he was in the coast guard for 8 years and got used to sleeping with the engine noise). now, do we have to find a mini box fan to pack or is there even the slightest possibility they'd have anything like that on board? just curious. :o

OK guys, my DH HAS to sleep with a fan going in his room (he was in the coast guard for 8 years and got used to sleeping with the engine noise). now, do we have to find a mini box fan to pack or is there even the slightest possibility they'd have anything like that on board? just curious. :o

I HAVE to sleep with a fan too!!! My fiance thinks I'm crazy, but you can be sure that when we're on our honeymoon cruise in October my suitcase will include the little fan from my bedside table.

Jenn

Typically there is only one dual 110 outlet in the dressing area, so if you think he wants the fan somewhere else, pack an extension cord. Also, if you will be charging camera batteries overnight and would need more than the two plug ins, consider a power strip.

Hey MamaParrothead,

No worries about the fan - the ship will NOT have one for you- but there are numerous small travel sized ones on the market. Ever since my NCL trip with no A/C i always try and bring one with me. Also those sound machines work great as well.

Great name by the way - you should try and come along on one of our PH trips. our next one is 04/03/05 on the Pride - 400 parrotheads from around the country. We tend to take over the ship. Pub Crawls, Toga party/parade etc etc.

We have taken an 8" fan on our last several cruises - we DO NOT go without one...

it is a:

Honeywell

8 In. Diameter Black Desk Fan

Model HT-800

here is a link to a picture of it (at home depot) - though WalMart has it for less than $10 !

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?prod_id=255607&cm_mmc=1hd.com2msn-_-product_feed-_-D27X-_-255607

Tom

We bring a fan in our luggage. DH also has to have the white noise. We bought a small one from Wal-Mart and packed it in his luggage. While on the Jubilee, it was warm in our room and so we asked the room steward if there was any way we could get a fan. He said there were a limited number on board and he would see what he could do. 20 minutes later, we had a fan for the cruise. I guess some ships have them. But to be safe, I would bring something on my own. We do now.

I sleep with a fan at home and anywhere else I go. For the noise and the circulation. even if we have a balcony I still like it for the circulation. The ocean waves takes care of the noise part when are balcony door is open.

I pack a little desk top fan--I also bring along a extension cord. I do unplug it when I get up in the morning.:eek:

Archived