Nacchi Cocum

Browneyedhunni85

We will be on the Carnival Elation in January and we are thinking about going here for the day. We've been to Paradise beach and enjoyed it but I've read a lot of good things about Nacchi Cocum. I read that we have to make reservations prior to sailing. I was a little worried about booking with someone else other than the ship. We aren't that experienced with excursions and such so I just need a little input and advice. Thanks!

none of the cruise ship have excursions to nachi. it's just a "beach day" to do on your own. cozumel is very easy to get around and nachi is only 20mins from the furtherest pier (depending on traffic)

it would be up to you to know the time your ship requires you to be back at the pier.

taxi drivers know nachi and some taxi stay just outiside nachi's entrance. when we were starting to get our stuff together, our waiter came up to tell us he had called for a taxi...it's that easy.

none of the cruise ship have excursions to nachi. it's just a "beach day" to do on your own. cozumel is very easy to get around and nachi is only 20mins from the furtherest pier (depending on traffic)

it would be up to you to know the time your ship requires you to be back at the pier.

taxi drivers know nachi and some taxi stay just outiside nachi's entrance. when we were starting to get our stuff together, our waiter came up to tell us he had called for a taxi...it's that easy.

Yup, this was our experience too. It was our first cruise and we didn't have any problems.

Very easy to do on your own...we were just there 2 weeks ago. Book your reservation online...they take a deposit (10% I believe). You pay the balance in cash when you arrive. If you don't make it to port, they will refund your deposit.

Go to the taxi area and grab a taxi...$15 each way. Let them know when you want to leave and they will get you a taxi very quickly (if one isn't already waiting there). Very nice relaxing beach day (or party at the swim up bar day). Service and food were very good:)

I wouldn't go there. We were just there on Friday. When we arrived, we picked out four beach loungers, we were told we had to move because the server assigned to us was in a different section. The staff wasn't particularly friendly or accommodating. The last straw was when we asked for cushions for our loungers and was told that they would be $7 each. We left and they kept our 25% deposit. We ended up renting a car for $80, with full insurance coverage. We had a great time, especially driving along the east coast of Cozumel.

I wouldn't go there. We were just there on Friday. When we arrived, we picked out four beach loungers, we were told we had to move because the server assigned to us was in a different section. The staff wasn't particularly friendly or accommodating. The last straw was when we asked for cushions for our loungers and was told that they would be $7 each. We left and they kept our 25% deposit. We ended up renting a car for $80, with full insurance coverage. We had a great time, especially driving along the east coast of Cozumel.

Interesting...we were there one week before and had excellent service.

I agree...the East Coast is gorgeous!

Is Nachi dealing with pesos now or USD's? What about the taxi drivers?

Nachi, taxis and the port shops are still dealing with US dollars, so not to worry!;)

I have been to Nachi Cocom twice and it was very nice. You have to book it through Island Marketing to get the all inclusive. I am now seeing an all inclusive family resort on the Island Marketing web-site for the same price. Does anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks

I have been to Nachi Cocom twice and it was very nice. You have to book it through Island Marketing to get the all inclusive. I am now seeing an all inclusive family resort on the Island Marketing web-site for the same price. Does anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks

You don't have to book it through Island Marketing to get the AI, you can book it directly with Nachi Cocom as well.

When we went in August, they led us to where we would be sitting, we didn't pick them out. We got a great location though!

Also, if you did research on these boards, you would know that they no longer had cushions and if you wanted them, they were an extra $7 and they doubled as floats. I wish I had gotten one because I saw someone using them in the water and it looked very relaxing to just float on the ocean like that.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good time, but I'm glad you found something to do that you enjoyed.

Archived