Taste of Nations Repeating Menu

luv2kroooz

Hi everyone! Just stepped off the Legend yesterday. I was disappointed, no, disappointed is too strong, I was surprised that Carnival is now repeating taste of nations buffet on Lido deck. We had 2 days of the same Italian buffet, 2 days of the same Caribbean buffet, and 2 days of the same American buffet. I think one day was French. There were no other hot buffet alternatives. Yes, there was a deli, pizza station, asian station, and grille. I guess I was just used to the larger ships with a hot buffet which was separate from the taste of nations. Anyone know if this is a fleetwide change or perhaps just applicable to Spirit class? Thank you!

Hi everyone! Just stepped off the Legend yesterday. I was disappointed, no, disappointed is too strong, I was surprised that Carnival is now repeating taste of nations buffet on Lido deck. We had 2 days of the same Italian buffet, 2 days of the same Caribbean buffet, and 2 days of the same American buffet. I think one day was French. There were no other hot buffet alternatives. Yes, there was a deli, pizza station, asian station, and grille. I guess I was just used to the larger ships with a hot buffet which was separate from the taste of nations. Anyone know if this is a fleetwide change or perhaps just applicable to Spirit class? Thank you!

We were on the Ecstasy 2 weeks ago, and they did the same thing. Don't know what is going on. :confused:

Ok- I know taste of Nations is only one buffet. They offered no other buffet options between the hours of 11:30 - 2:30 except taste of Nations?

I have not sailed a spirit class ship in quite a few years.

We sailed the Freedom and the taste of nations was only one of many different stations.

What about the choc buffet on the last sea day??

Taste of nations is only one of several buffets. Very large selection just have to walk around and find it.

Thats what I thought but the OP stated no other buffet alternatives were offered except the Taste of Nations buffet.

I am hoping its not a cut back.

I know that at a dinner only one section of the buffet is opened.

Hi everyone, I am the OP. That is correct. There was no other alternative hot buffet. 2 of the stations were the daily Taste of Nations selection (which repeated as mentioned above). In addition, there was 1 station Asian, 1 Pizza, and 1 Deli.

I was just on the Conquest last week, they did have both regular buffet and the taste of nations. Though I would say the taste of nations buffets had a pretty weak selection (except for Mexican day), it did change each day with the last day being the chocolate buffet. There were lots of options every day, just had to walk around and find out what each station had and maybe wait in a line (especially for Fish and Chips or the Wok)

I was just on the Conquest last week, they did have both regular buffet and the taste of nations. Though I would say the taste of nations buffets had a pretty weak selection (except for Mexican day), it did change each day with the last day being the chocolate buffet. There were lots of options every day, just had to walk around and find out what each station had and maybe wait in a line (especially for Fish and Chips or the Wok)

That is what we have always seen.

I really don't like the "Taste of Nations" It drives me crazy. I wish they would have the same thing on both sides - I don't care if they want to show case a particular nation. I don't want to stand in two or three lines to get one thing from each hot section of the buffet.

Archived