New Cabins On Prinsendam

KruiserKat

Those aft cabins have a larger verandah but you give up the walk-in closet. This past summer our aft cabin was extremely noisy and prone to extreme vibration (sitting over the hydraulics). Water from the pool above kept splashing over onto our verandah making it unusable. Don't know if that has been addressed. We would not return to these cabins.

We were on the Prinsendam in July and knew people who were in the new cabins. Both groups were disappointed. There were several problems, but the major ones were that the cabins had a lot more vibration than other cabins and there was water drainage issues on the aft cabins.

I loved the Prinsendam, and would go back on her in a second, but I would avoid those cabins, at least until after the next dry dock, when, hopefully, the kinks will have been worked out.

Those aft cabins have a larger verandah but you give up the walk-in closet. This past summer our aft cabin was extremely noisy and prone to extreme vibration (sitting over the hydraulics). Water from the pool above kept splashing over onto our verandah making it unusable. Don't know if that has been addressed. We would not return to these cabins.

Hey there! I was just talking about you! ;-) How are things going?

We have some pics from our excursion. Are you interested in having them, or do you have enough?

Reading here to learn as much about Prinsendam as I cn prior to boarding January 5. MY cabine is tiny and inside...I know that....but love learning alla bout a ship I will soon be on.

Karen, I loved the Prinsendam. She was my favorite ship so far.

If I can be of any help, let me know. :-)

My DH and I orginally booked a corner AB for our TA next May on the Prinsendam. Someone posted pictures of the new cabins on the cruise critic board months ago. However, I don't have the thread to lead you there. The AB cabins are smaller than regular window and balcony cabins. There is only a very small love seat or what you can consider as a large chair in them. The bed is near the balcony door and not near the bathroom. The bottom line is my DH and I upgraded to a SS Suite due to the cruise being 24 days.

If you do some searching I am sure you will find the pictures or maybe someone will post the link for you.

There were several problems, but the major ones were that the cabins had a lot more vibration than other cabins and there was water drainage issues on the aft cabins.

Those new cabins were pretty much built over thin air - There's very little structure beneath these cabins, just the glass dining room wall with it's support columns forward, 4 steel struts aft and a few plumbing drainage pipes and lally columns beneath...

...then of course there's a few tons of water in the new larger swimming pool above, so it's not surprising that there's significant vibration back there.

I loved the Prinsendam, and would go back on her in a second, but I would avoid those cabins, at least until after the next dry dock, when, hopefully, the kinks will have been worked out.

The only way there could be any improvement in this would be to shore up the structure beneath - ie: installing additional steel bracing/walls on the open deck aft of the dining room to properly support the mass of the cabins above - and/or reducing the weight above the cabins by eliminating the aft swimming pool.

We're headed on the Prinsendam on Nov 29th in one of the AB Rooms for the Amazon River cruise. We'll let you know what we think about the new rooms and any problems when we return in Dec. The older rooms in that section were great and very convenient. Sorry to see that rooms 196 and 197 with the curved walls are now history and were replaced by the new ones. Cheers.

Don't even suggest that! :( The aft pool is the only one with enough room to swim.

Jim and Camella

Archived