Booking Oriana Rhodes

Invincible

We are on the Oriana in April during our cruise we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary and would like to be sure of getting a reservation in Oriana Rhodes, does anyone know if this is possible before we sail or do we have to wait until we get on board.

We are on the Oriana in April during our cruise we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary and would like to be sure of getting a reservation in Oriana Rhodes, does anyone know if this is possible before we sail or do we have to wait until we get on board.

As far as I know, you can't pre book restaurants. On Ventura, there was a desk in the atrium to book speciality restaurants, which we went to immediately after boarding, as we wanted to try the White Room while Marco Pierre White was on board. Had no trouble getting a reservation at all. :)

In theory ...... no

In practice ..... yes. Talk to your Travel Agent. If you can find someone on the previous cruise, talk to them and ask them to book a table 'provisionally', but make sure you make the Resturant your first stop when you get on board.

We wanted a table for 10, the family, in Todd English on Queen Victoria for our Golden Wedding. Our TA not only made prov arrangements, but as QV was new, the TA was on a show around and went into Todd English in person and "booked" a table for us, AND, a fellow forum cruiser was on the previous cruise and did the same. By the time I went on board I was greeted with a huge grin and "It's all done!!"

So it can be done. What have you got to lose by trying? Nothing and a lot to gain ;):rolleyes:

Mike

If its just a table for 2 you shouldn't have a problem atall booking on embarkation afternoon after lunch. The restaurant Manager will be waiting with his diary to take bookings from around 2.30pm/3pm.

I have never had a problem getting the night I want, a table by the window too if you request it, on Oriana or Arcadia Rhodes or any of the other supplement restaurants.

Have a wonderful meal, I think its the best of the P&O supplement restaurants at sea at the moment, after trying Seventeen too on Azura as well.

photo of OR here:

p5240044.jpg

In theory ...... no

In practice ..... yes. Talk to your Travel Agent. If you can find someone on the previous cruise, talk to them and ask them to book a table 'provisionally', but make sure you make the Resturant your first stop when you get on board.

We wanted a table for 10, the family, in Todd English on Queen Victoria for our Golden Wedding. Our TA not only made prov arrangements, but as QV was new, the TA was on a show around and went into Todd English in person and "booked" a table for us, AND, a fellow forum cruiser was on the previous cruise and did the same. By the time I went on board I was greeted with a huge grin and "It's all done!!"

So it can be done. What have you got to lose by trying? Nothing and a lot to gain ;):rolleyes:

Mike

This is not QV and your best advice is.................to make the restaurant your first priority on embarkation. Book it as soon as.

We have never failed to get the evening of our choice and the time that we prefer. All this nonsense about asking previous guests etc, is just that.

BTW, Rhodes is an experience not to be missed, we dine there as often as we can on our cruises, digestion permitting of course!

This is not QV and your best advice is.................to make the restaurant your first priority on embarkation. Book it as soon as.

We have never failed to get the evening of our choice and the time that we prefer. All this nonsense about asking previous guests etc, is just that.

BTW, Rhodes is an experience not to be missed, we dine there as often as we can on our cruises, digestion permitting of course!

We agree Merlin ! Now will it be snowing on Saturday thats my next worry lol, have to catch a ship in Soton' :p

Thanks everyone, we did go to Whites on Ventura earlier this year which again was for a special occasion and that was very good but I was late booking it and finished up getting a reservation for 9pm which was OK but we finished up being the only people left in the restaurant and while the staff were very good felt a little uncomfortable about it. Hoping this time to get a better time.

Thanks everyone, we did go to Whites on Ventura earlier this year which again was for a special occasion and that was very good but I was late booking it and finished up getting a reservation for 9pm which was OK but we finished up being the only people left in the restaurant and while the staff were very good felt a little uncomfortable about it. Hoping this time to get a better time.

Don't take any notice of the negative attitudes to my posting. Give it a go and good luck. Let the others still give blood, their blood group B.Negative is always in demand.

Mike

Yes if you try and book later on in a cruise you will/ may have problems.

Book on embarkation afternoon and you'll be OK,

Sue

Jump to it NOW. I have asked the impossible of a huge Royal Navy establishment. I have JUST had a reply that my request will be granted and we are now in the planning stage.

ASK

ASK

ASK

What have you to lose?

Sorry but my blood type is B-Positive.

Good luck

Mike

Archived