Wells Fargo thinks RCI will order new ship in early 2011

For example, it was said by someone at RCCL that if they have known the huge popularity of the loft suites, they would have added more of them on the ship. This means that we can expect the same amount or more loft suites on this new ship.

Really? I keep reading about people being upgraded to CL Suites, and when I look on some of the most popular sailings, the bulk of them are available. It seems like the complete opposite.

Really? I keep reading about people being upgraded to CL Suites, and when I look on some of the most popular sailings, the bulk of them are available. It seems like the complete opposite.

On my two sailings coming up in January, none are left. On our second leg, five are left. Depends on the sailings. IMHO they are some of the best cabins on the ship.

OK, I'll bite...who do you work for?

Then why don't you enlighten us on what your company does for RCI? I get the feeling you're either a CSR with RCI or a TA and nothing more.

We are involved with the legal and financial side of RCI. All other information is proprietary and not public.

I did, formally, work both onboard an RCI ship (and several other brands) which led to working in policy formation for RCI which led to this position.

And, for what it is worth, I am a vocal opponent to the very idea of travel agents so...it wouldn't make much sense for me to be one - would it?

Yes, I saw a comment somewhere from either Fain or Goldstein that they couldn't just build a 4th Freedom class ship today because of safety and engineering requirements. Times have changed.

While the Voyager class was stretched to add space and features, RCI added too many cabins and lowered the GRT ratio. The Freedoms are not as good as the Voyagers but they are still far superior to their main competition, the Princess super-Grands and the Carnival Dream / Magic duo.

I still like "Solstice" of the Seas. It would work.

Freedom only lowered the grt per passenger by .3 with reference to Voyager, from 44.31 on Voyager class to 44.02 on Freedom class. Oasis and Allure lowered it another 3.25 grt per passenger to 40.74. Solstice is midway between at 42.8 grt per passenger. All figures assume double occupancy.

Yeap, I think you have the basics covered. Here are few details you may wish to add to your list relating to the ship itself:

1 – They will finance the ship cost with some undisclosed amount of debt

2 – The ship will likely be white in color

3 - Within the ship, it will have a buffet/MDR/specialty dining (and of course a kitchen), as well as pools/spas/theatre and bars

4- There will be numerous cabins of various types

5 –There will also be shopping and photo areas

6 – In theory, the ship will have engines/motors/power generators

7- Most likely they will staff it with a captain or two along with other crew members

Other can add to whatever else I am missing…

8 - There will be an Inch of Gold table.

• 1 month later...

I believe that more in the Voyager Class would be great. Those ships are still big but small enough to get into more ports. Would love more Radiance Class. Wish they could do a cross between Radiance and Voyager but don't know how possible that would be.

Whatever happened to the post last year that was "from a reliable source/from the captain/from a newspaper article, etc., etc., etc., that said the new ship would be smaller and in the Voyager range? Guess that was just another rumour!

Archived