Stateroom Selection Question

Shelbs97

We are booking with our TA and I have a question about the stateroom she is offering us. We are booking cat 1C and she is saying stateroom 8247 is the best available stateroom. I show online that 8204, 8208 and 8192 are also available. Where do we want to be? I'm concerned about 8247 because it looks like it's right in front of the hump and I'm wondering if it will obstruct views to the rear and also if we'll be looking at the people in 8251 on their balcony.

Any advice is very helpful.

We are booking with our TA and I have a question about the stateroom she is offering us. We are booking cat 1C and she is saying stateroom 8247 is the best available stateroom. I show online that 8204, 8208 and 8192 are also available. Where do we want to be? I'm concerned about 8247 because it looks like it's right in front of the hump and I'm wondering if it will obstruct views to the rear and also if we'll be looking at the people in 8251 on their balcony.

Yes, go for 8247. It's in a very convenient location on the ship -- right near the Hump elevators. You'll see people if they are at their balcony railing, looking around the partition.

Of the ones you mention, I think 8247 is the best -- at least that's the one I would go for.

I agree with Wine-O. 8247 is best of those you listed. The Vista deck 8 is a good selection as it has cabins above and below it. :)

One thing to consider with 8247 is that it has an upper birth. I have not been on Solstice, but upper births on some ships are a nusiance even when flipped up out of the way. Enjoy your honeymoon!

So - what exactly is that? One of the beds that comes down from the ceiling or something? Sorry for my lack of knowledge. Maybe we should do a different room? Why are they a nuisance?

Archived