Water Shoes

Garycruz

Thanks for the info. I keep reading how all the beaches in Labadee are very rocky with the possible exception of Barefoot Beach which is for suite guests only, so reading this is a pleasant surprise.

I take it Columbus Cove is the farthest beach from where they let the pax off the ship. Is that correct? Also, is it less crowded due to the long distance and maybe people not knowing about it? One last question, do they serve the food near Columbus Cove or is do you have to take the long walk/tram to get it?

From reading what you've said, it sounds like Columbus Cove is the way to go.

I just read something today about Barefoot Beach being partially rocky, so those of who are peons (as in not suite or diamond members), we are lucky to have Columbus Cove Beach.

It is the farthest beach from the port, but a very easy and pretty walk. I honestly don't know if it was more or less crowded than the other beaches. Since we got there very early, we had our pick of spots. There are people who will put your deck chair wherever you want it. DH chose a spot under a palm tree while I wanted to play Sun Goddess for the day. It did get rather crowded as the morning progressed.

There is a "designated food facility" and a bar right at Columbus Cove, so you can stay put. There is an area with covered picnic tables, a terrace with tables, or you can take your food back to your deck chair. I believe food was available from 12:00 to 2:30 at CC. The other two "designated food facilities" were located elsewhere, but I do not know their hours. There are also bathrooms at CC.

You have to take some time to visit Dragon's Breath on your way back to the ship. It is a rock formation. When the waves crash against the rocks, there is this one spot where the air rushing through sounds just like...a dragon's breath.

We loved Labadee so much!

I just read something today about Barefoot Beach being partially rocky, so those of who are peons (as in not suite or diamond members), we are lucky to have Columbus Cove Beach.

It is the farthest beach from the port, but a very easy and pretty walk. I honestly don't know if it was more or less crowded than the other beaches. Since we got there very early, we had our pick of spots. There are people who will put your deck chair wherever you want it. DH chose a spot under a palm tree while I wanted to play Sun Goddess for the day. It did get rather crowded as the morning progressed.

There is a "designated food facility" and a bar right at Columbus Cove, so you can stay put. There is an area with covered picnic tables, a terrace with tables, or you can take your food back to your deck chair. I believe food was available from 12:00 to 2:30 at CC. The other two "designated food facilities" were located elsewhere, but I do not know their hours. There are also bathrooms at CC.

You have to take some time to visit Dragon's Breath on your way back to the ship. It is a rock formation. When the waves crash against the rocks, there is this one spot where the air rushing through sounds just like...a dragon's breath.

We loved Labadee so much!

Thanks for the all the information.

Looks like we will be staying at Columbus Cove while in Labadee. :)

Archived