Carnival's Barrier Reef Snorkel

shelby101

We did this the first part of Nov when we were on the Dream and it was great. Saw all kinds of coral and tons of fish. I saw my first Morey Eel in the wild. We followed it from reef to reef. Do be careful of the coral as sometimes it is quite shallow and 2 people that were on our tour got mixed up in it and had some really bad rashes all over their body.

Thanks for posting. I'll be cruising in 2 weeks and still cannot decide between the Barrier reef and the Sergeant's Cay.

How many people were in your tour? how long was the boat ride? was the boat ride bumpy (motion sickness concern) ?

I assume they picked you up directly from the ship.

Thanks.

Chuck

We've been on several Carnival snorkel tours and I need to say they are overpriced and low quality (of course there are various tours we were satisfied with booking through the cruise line). I recommend you find some reputable local operators that offer a better tour at better value. Just my opinion:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting. I'll be cruising in 2 weeks and still cannot decide between the Barrier reef and the Sergeant's Cay.

How many people were in your tour? how long was the boat ride? was the boat ride bumpy (motion sickness concern) ?

I assume they picked you up directly from the ship.

Thanks.

Chuck

Maybe 30 people or so. The boat ride was maybe 20-30 min and not bumpy. Yes they picked us up at the ship and took us back to the ship. We enjoyed the whole experience.

Archived