Cabin 7130 on the Marina

Cookie1

Hi there

Wondering if any of the Cruise Critic gang are going to be in Cabin 7130 (very aft ph3) on the Marina in the winter/spring of this year. I would love to get some cabin reports or read blogs when they are done. I tried to look at roll calls, and although there are lists of cruisers, they dont seem to specify cabin numbers.

So - long shot -- If anyone is in this cabin (or the ones beside and across from it) and want to share info or pictures, I would love to seem them!

TIA

~A

• 1 month later...
We have 7135 on the other side on the March TA.

Can't wait!!!

What a great cabin - look at that balcony! I can understand your anticipation. On our upcoming cruise we are hoping to have a cabin crawl to get to see the new Marina staterooms - hopefully one of these aft cabins will be on the list. Have a great cruise emairs - it is getting close now. Perhaps we will meet up again on another TA

Edited by YoHoHo

What the Marina needs is more wake views for all passengers on the ship, not just "special views" for those two Penthouses, so I hope that the aft area (or a larger portion of it than earlier mentioned in this forum) will be for the use of all passengers.

Unless our TA and several supervisors at Oceania are incorrect, the balconies of 7130 and 7135 will be ultimately closed off where the dotted line shows on the deck plan and are not wrap-around balconies just for the private use of 7130 and 7135.

Have a great cruise emairs - it is getting close now. Perhaps we will meet up again on another TA

Well Mark, your cruise is even closer -in three weeks. Have a great time. Please let me know if you find out anything about our balcony. There is a lot of speculation about it - whether or not it is as large as it appears on the drawings.

Regards to Alison. We would love to cruise with the two of you again in future.

We have suite 7130 on the Feb 26 voyage. I recently spoke with our TA about the size of the suite and balcony. After speaking with Oceania she told us that although the suite appears smaller in the deckplan it is the same size as the rest of the penthouse suites. She also said that the balcony is larger and that there is no public access to the deck at the rear of deck 7.

We will all know for sure in a couple of weeks!!

• 3 weeks later...

848245098_aftbalcony.jpg.38acc97681b340df32c1957e13ad528b.jpg

Hi Cookie

I hope the picture is attached. Technology is leaving me behind. There is a fellow on "shutterfly" (David C), who is posting comments and pictures about his Atlantic crossing.He checked out the balconys on the aft of deck 7 for me.

I think this is a picture of the outer portion of the balcony of 7130. It looks to me like there will be no public or private access to the outer stern part of deck 7.

David raves about the ship, the service and the food on Marina and has posted lots of photos of his journey!!:)

I think you are right Gillianrose, but the picture was posted on shutterfly as an aft view of deck 7?

I encourage you to go to the shutterfly website and follow David C's journey on the Marina across the Atlantic you will not be disappointed.

I think you are right Gillianrose, but the picture was posted on shutterfly as an aft view of deck 7?

I encourage you to go to the shutterfly website and follow David C's journey on the Marina across the Atlantic you will not be disappointed.

I am following all the blogs! :):):)

7111 and the cabins behind it are in the aft section of cabins on Deck 7, and my guess is that the photo was taken from the penthouse cabin his parents have, which looks down on the protruding balconies in the aft of Deck 7. If you take a look at the deck plan of Marina, you can see how my description fits. There is literally no way that photo can be of 7130. The section of cabins shown in that photo have balconies that stick out like those on the newer Princess ships, with the same lack of privacy of those ships if you want to be near the railing.

I think the confusion may be that what people in 7130 and 7135 want to see is the STERN view (also in the aft of the ship) towards the wake.

Edited by gillianrose

Noternews

Thanks for the update - I am optomistic that we will get a stern aft view from the cabin. But then, I am an optomist :>)

I have been following Davids blog, its a perfect fit for us - being new to O' and looking forward to the dining and cooking demos.

It looks like we are going to have a great time on that ship.

• 3 weeks later...

The new photo posted by the famous sldispatcher shows a strange construction on the otherwise fully wrap-around balcony. The construction mostly resembles a door frame. Since the owner suites were reportedly finished during the TA, could not this frame have been filled with the actual door at the same time? That would logically lock up the "crew-only" space on the stern, whilst limiting the balconies on 7130/7135.

I have some pictures of the stern space on deck 7 and deck 11 between the corner cabins, the space that many have speculated may be public space. They are, in fact, accesible from the passageways on the respective decks. if the emergency doors are unlocked (which they should be, as emergency doors). However, they are NOT really public spaces. There is nothing desirable about them. What they are, actually, is a space for the central air conditioning system to vent, and as such, there is a constant roar and rush of air from the floor-to-ceiling louvered vents. The space on deck 7 is very narrow, almost unpassable near the vents.

2011-01-27%2003.20.26.jpg

2011-01-27%2003.20.46.jpg

The space on Deck 11 is a little larger, and has a staircase from the outer Terrace Cafe on deck 12, but the staircase is kept closed, there is excess Cafe furniture store under the staircase, and the roar from the AC vents is just as bad as deck 7.

I have been out on the wrap-around decks of the Oceania suites on Deck 11, which exit to the stern and wrap around to the side where the outside hot tub is located. I have not been in the penthouse suites on Deck 7, such as 7130, but I have to believe that the deck in thos suites also wraps around the corner, providing both a stern and a side view.

Those who are hoping to relax in the space beween these corner suites, however, should be prepared to be disappointed. Go up to the fitness track around the funnel and hang off the back railing for great photos and view.

Thank you very much for your report and pictures Hondorner!

Although the space in the middle is not for public use, looks like someone already left an article of clothing out there, in the first picture. (I am trying not to speculate on the nature of clothing left behind, however, it strongly reminds me of my son's batman underwear from years past.... :>)

Any other guesses??

~A