Adding a 3rd adult - last minute

Going with family & friends on LOS western cruise in January 2011. Im sharing a promenade cabin (D6) with a parent. After Thanksgiving dinner tonight, now another relative wants to go! Can we do this? Would we have to upgrade to a suite and all pay much more? I have noticed prices have gone up. Not even sure it would be worth it or if any good cabins would be left. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

You would have to see what cabins are available, 3 people don't necessarily have to go to a suite. If there are triples left you can go to any open room.

What do you mean by a D6?

go on to RCL's site and put in your sailing and 3 people and see what is still there?

Check out the deck plans for the room you have booked (you can do this online at rccl.com). If it is a room that can accomodate 3, there will be a little symbol on the room which will corrospond with the key at the bottom of the page. If the room you are booked in does have room for 3, you should only have to pay the 3rd person rate which should be much lower but may not be as low as it once was. Or, if you're lucky, it might be even lower.

If you need to change your room, there is no need to book a suite unless all the other cabin categories are sold out. All of the other categories have rooms that will accomodate 3-4 people.

Good luck. The more, the merrier!

Going with family & friends on LOS western cruise in January 2011. Im sharing a promenade cabin (D6) with a parent. After Thanksgiving dinner tonight, now another relative wants to go! Can we do this? Would we have to upgrade to a suite and all pay much more? I have noticed prices have gone up. Not even sure it would be worth it or if any good cabins would be left. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Check out the deck plans for the room you have booked (you can do this online at rccl.com). If it is a room that can accomodate 3, there will be a little symbol on the room which will corrospond with the key at the bottom of the page. If the room you are booked in does have room for 3, you should only have to pay the 3rd person rate which should be much lower but may not be as low as it once was. Or, if you're lucky, it might be even lower.

If you need to change your room, there is no need to book a suite unless all the other cabin categories are sold out. All of the other categories have rooms that will accomodate 3-4 people.

Good luck. The more, the merrier!

Promenade cabins only hold two.

Not all categories have triples. You have to check carefully.

I stand corrected. The vast majority of categories have triples/quads.

I don't believe it matters if the 3rd and 4th are adults or children.

That's absolutely true. RC charges the same for the passenger number, regardless of that passenger's age.

Ohiostingray, which date in January?

There appears to be no inside cabin availability for that date and very few outside cabins. The cruise is nearly sold out.

I don't know what you are paying for your Promenade cabin, but to change to a Category H oceanview would cost each of you $900 for the week.

$1,087 pp in a nice big balcony cabin.

Or you could tell you friend that he can get his own cabin as a single - he'll pay $1687 for an interior.

Yeah, I looked it up as well. Looks like we would be paying close to $200 more than what we initially paid. I'm assuming when it says, "not available online, call for availability" those cabins are all sold out. Might still try the travel agent in the morning...thanks you everyone for your help. I appreciate it.

If you can't get a promenade cabin, try a balcony suite. They might have one of those available for 3. We have a family member who thought you could just add someone at the last minute. It caused a huge argument, since he intended to move everyone else around in their cabins to accomodate adding this person. In the end, they all backed out, we are going without them and it is a joyous feeling. People think it's like a hotel and you can just add another passenger...it is NOT.

Archived