Upper and Lower cabin size

tropical.dreams

I have a 1a cabin with an upper and a lower booked for me and my teenage brother, and I was just thinking about something. Is that cabin smaller than the cabin that has the 2 lowers that convert to a king, or am I going to have extra floor space than I'm used to because of the second lower bed in my previous cruises?

The cabin will measure a bit smaller than the standard inside, but because the second bed is above the first, there will be more floor space and it will seem bigger. Now, some may disagree, because my experience is from Fantasy class ship 1A cabins...Destiny may differ. EM

I have a 1a cabin with an upper and a lower booked for me and my teenage brother, and I was just thinking about something. Is that cabin smaller than the cabin that has the 2 lowers that convert to a king, or am I going to have extra floor space than I'm used to because of the second lower bed in my previous cruises?

It will depend on which room you have. 2334 & 2335 are similar to what we just had on the Triumph, which I measured to be about 235 sq.ft, including the long hallway; 200 sq.ft. without the hallway--tons of space to move around. The forward 4 cabins on both Riviera & Main decks might be over 200 sq.ft.

But if you have one of these interiors (1306, 1309, or the ones on Deck 6), it will be around 160 sq.ft, as opposed to a 185 sq.ft. room in a regular interior with 2 regular beds. However, the point that you brought up is an excellent one. A 2nd twin bed on the floor takes up approximately 21 sq.ft. of floor space. Without that bed in your room, you have almost the same amount of open floor space as one of those 185 sq.ft. rooms, but it wouldn't be more.

I have no idea of square footage, but this will give you the general idea. This is from the Fascination. I felt like I had more floor space, which made the room feel bigger than a standard side-by-side bed setup. I have another angle, but my computer's not cooperating.

cabin1.jpg.369a403339f0c1a23df519b2add4402a.jpg

Archived