Chef's Table Question

gman0119

Have my reservations, and can't wait!!! Someone had posted that the $75 fee was gratuity included, but I've also seen others say they tipped. I went to Carnival's site, and it did say that the tip was included, but the site that says that is a UK Carnival site.

I don't mind tipping, but I just want to know what is correct? Is it included or not?

I have my bill in front of me, the bill that you sign comes from the steak house and there is a spot on the bottom for gratutiy. it is worth every penny. You also get the carnival cook book, group photo. I just had this dinner last week on the Liberty and he is exactly what my review would say. I am 52 years old and I know better but I wanted to pick up every plate and lick them dry. Don't foet to ask for recipe for the melting cake as it is not in the cook book.

there were 7 of us for dinner and 7 staff working with us. I will do the chef dinner every cruise.

enjoy

I have Chef's Table booked for my cruise on the Freedom in May, I asked them what day it would be and I was told that I would only find out when I got on the ship. Can't wait I have read so many reviews about this - I am sorry I didn't try it when I was on the Dream in May.

We recently booked our first Carnival cruise (Dream) and would love to have dinner there. When is the best evening to go? I was thinking maybe on a sea day?

Mommyz,

It is not done on a daily basis. It is held on one night (maybe a 2nd night if there is a large response), usually meeting at a certain location at about 6pm. The whole event is about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. It is only for 12 people. There were only 9 guests on my recent Spirit sailing. 5 were from my roll call on CC.

You will ne notified in your room of the evening it is occuring. I was called and also left a written note.

I've received my confirmation for the Chef's Table on the Liberty during Christmas week (thanks to Host Mach and John Heald, 'cause I was clueless on how to pre-book it). Anyway, I'm on the list and now I just have to wait patiently for my sail date ! :) Woohoo !

Just off the 11/20/10 Liberty sailing. We had the pleasure of doing the Chef's Table and it was nothing short of spectacular! We also tipped extra. The Chef's Table was offered twice during our one week cruise, one day on a sea day (Tuesday) and the second day on the Grand Cayman day (Wednesday).

We attended the food and wine pairing at the steak house on the first sea day and the Chef's Table was promoted there. DH booked it right on the spot. We really enjoyed it and DH says he will do it every cruise! BTW, the chef's table is usually limited to 12 persons, but our seating had 13 because a young man called at the last minute and asked to join the seating. He was under 21 and could not even drink the wine, but he was interested in becoming a chef. So, I guess on rare occasions they exceed the 12 person limit.

Definitely a night to remember and worth every penny!

Sooooo worth the money!!!! LOVED IT! LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!

HIGHLY recommend it to EVERYONE! If you like eatting food! :D

Was the highlight of my cruise for sure!

I will be doing a review on the Chefs table, more of a picture one!

The bummer thing is you can not take pictures in the galley so the horderves were to DIE FOR!!!!!!! the time and energy that goes into them is amazing!!!!! In the galley you have champagne and the horderves so you can not get pictures of them!

TOTALLY an awesome time!!!!

YES we did tip! just figured out that we were 2 dollars short of 18%, did not really know how much to tip, I know some tipped less, I forgot what we were suppose to do, so I added $25 to our bill! There was my husband and I!

I asked this question of the gentleman who is in charge of the Chef's Table program and he said that the gratuity is NOT included in the $75.

:)

Thats exactly what we were told Mach ! We had four so we tipped 70.00 if I recall correctly, and it was worth every single penny!! :)

Archived