Christmas and New Years on Oceania--Has

Caroldoll

We have spent each of the last 2 years on Regatta on Christmas and New Year's. There are special dinners in the dining room and the ship is decorated beautifully -- more gingerbread houses in one place (the Upper Hall) than I have ever before seen. Santa makes an appearance in the Upper Hall on Christmas morning for any kids on-board. There was a Christmas-themed show on Christmas Eve.

It's wonderful to spend Christmas and New Year's on Oceania, trust me! :)

My husband and I are also on the Samba Serenade cruise this Christmas. In the past, I have never seen children on board as there is absolutely nothing for them to do. Oceania is really not a "kid friendly" cruise line.

The Regatta was presumably the Caribbean Pearls cruise. We did this last year and yes there were children aboard. Few seas days and a lot of Caribbean ports is a more suited children itinerary. I do not think it will be the same on your SA cruise.

We sailed on Nautica last holiday season in Australia (and the year before we were in SE Asia aboard the Azamara Quest -- not as much fun). Nautica was decorated, there was a gingerbread house with goodies beside it all day. On New Year's Eve, hats were in the dining rooms and at midnight champagne and petit fours were served. It was VERY festive and there were some teenagers, but no kids....That's another reason we booked the Samba Serenade this year because spending time at sea during the holidays is wonderful. And we even got a Xmas present from Oceania! We'll see you board in 3 weeks!!! Have an uneventful flight down to Rio. Arlene;)

special. Were there many kids on board? We will be in South America.

I was on the 12 day Caribbean Pearls cruise out of Miami. I would say there were 20 or so kids or teenagers. From what I remember, they were very well behaved -- in fact, far better behaved than more than a few adult passengers on-board...

Archived