Eclipse wifi

2geezers

The prices are the same as quoted on X. There is a 15% bonus if you take it the first day and Select members also get 25% off any packages over and above that 15%. Just beware if you have pop-up blockers, etc. We took a computer and had issues with it not shutting down properly - we thot it was disconnected tho. After the mini cruise we had a $72 charge as they told us we stayed on for 3 hours - we're not that stupid! They did take it off tho.

We had no problem getting the signal from either of our cabins (hump verandah and inside midship.

Wifi is not free anywhere on the ship. 237 minutes are about $100. If you are Select you get a 25% discount. Although we signed up on the first day, we did not get an additional 15% off - just the 25% off that all Select get. I am going to have to check with Celebrity about that since we did sign up on the first day.

I think that Classic gets a 10% discount. We used the internet every day because of a family medical issue that we wanted to keep up with. We used the internet cafe and found the internet to be quite speedy in comparison to some of the other ships we have been on. The only thing I would warn you about is don't bother using the keyboard that is in your room (you can access the internet in your cabin even if you don't bring your laptop). You have to use a joystick mouse which we found difficult to use.

Was told on Connie on the TA that the discount for buying a package on the first night was not combinable with the Captains Club benefit. I wanted the Elite 90 minutes plus purchasing more minutes and was told that the discount would not apply to the purchased minutes. Didn't think that was right, but the computer guy was so overwhelmed there was no sense in trying to argue otherwise. Bakeries have customers "take a number for better service" and this guy could have used a similar set up. Too many people needing him, not enough time.

I checked with Celebrity and according to the Captains Club rep the discounts are not combinable. You get either the 25% off or the 15% for signing up on the first day.

They did offer to credit my account $25 since I questioned the charge. I declined - why should they have to give me something that I was not entitled to just because I inquired about it.

Just another example of great customer service from Captains Club.

Archived