Any All-Inclusive Beach Get-a-ways in Belize?

KittyCat1Million

You might look on these boards for excursions to Bannister Island and Goeff's Caye. They are typically all inclusive. Thier current availability may be somewhat limited to certain ships/cruise lines or private vendors. Neither facility is what you might expect from an AI in the Eastern Caribbean or even Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. Both islands are tiny spits of sand with temporary structures. They bring in supplies on an as needed basis. Both islands got hit fairly hard with erosion damage during the past hurricane season and haven't fullly opened. I believe Bannister lost 1/2 of its area, and Goeff's Caye it's sandier beach side. But I could be misinformed.

There are no AIs on Caye Caulker, although there are beaches and resturants and bars there. The beach resorts in Belize proper are further south of Belize City and you would spend 3/4 or more of your time in port just trying to get there and back.

You might look on these boards for excursions to Bannister Island and Goeff's Caye. They are typically all inclusive. Thier current availability may be somewhat limited to certain ships/cruise lines or private vendors. Neither facility is what you might expect from an AI in the Eastern Caribbean or even Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. Both islands are tiny spits of sand with temporary structures. They bring in supplies on an as needed basis. Both islands got hit fairly hard with erosion damage during the past hurricane season and haven't fullly opened. I believe Bannister lost 1/2 of its area, and Goeff's Caye it's sandier beach side. But I could be misinformed.

There are no AIs on Caye Caulker, although there are beaches and resturants and bars there. The beach resorts in Belize proper are further south of Belize City and you would spend 3/4 or more of your time in port just trying to get there and back.

I thougt about Caye Caulker...

12 Belikkin beers or Local Rum and Cokes x $4 bz = $48 bz

A Local Lunch, Rice and Beans and Chicken. $12 bz

$60 bz Or $30 us

Not all inclusive but a good deal

Thank you crewsweeper, I will check into Bannister Island and Goeff's Caye.

I thougt about Caye Caulker...

12 Belikkin beers or Local Rum and Cokes x $4 bz = $48 bz

A Local Lunch, Rice and Beans and Chicken. $12 bz

$60 bz Or $30 us

Not all inclusive but a good deal

Thanks wadethegringo, you're right you can always make your own AI. So Caye Caulker is another option.

Went to Bannister this past July. Pretty little island. White beach, small food shack with bar, also bathrooms there. There is nothing else on the Island. Certainly NO AI. Was nice to spend a few hours on. BUT, i heard mention on the boards that it was hit by recent huricane and is not up and running. Also i would NOT recommend Eco tours. IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Bannister Island is up and running. I have been talking with Linda, who manages the island, via e-mail. She confirmed they are open and even arranged to have NCL add Bannister Island to the excursion lit (apparently it had not been added back to the excursion list post-hurricane).

I highly recommend this island. It is not all-inclusive, but incredibly picturesque and secluded. I likened it very much to being on Disney's private island (Castaway Cay) but without the crowds and characters. We enjoyed sitting at the water's edge while our son waded out and collected shells. I can't speak to the food because we ate on the ship before and after, but the service was great and the bathroom facilities well kept and clean. Our only dissapoint was that our excursion lasted just a few hours. I wish we could have had more time.

Their website is listed below, and inculdes very accurate pictures (pre hurricane) if you want to take a look.

http://www.bannisterisland.com/schedule.shtml

Archived