Re-noots

canucks4

On the Thanksgiving Cruise of the Oasis - most definitely a WOW ship - she presents beautifully - all the bells and whistles that everyone talks about are there - visually stunning!

But sadly, our experience wasn't comparable to others. We found the ships just too large and too many people. This sailing had over 6,000 passengers!! You cannot avoid lineups with 6,000 passengers, and I think we found everyone of them. In/out of elevators was challenging - people rushing in before you can get off, lengthy waits to grab one, great distances to walk, more pool hogs than normal.....just too big.

That's not to say our cabin steward was excellent as are most RCI stewards on any ship, our waiter, though newer, tried to please - but there were areas that simply were not great, and sadly, I found that Chops was terribly disappointing. I could reach over to the next table and grab the salt - the tables were very close together and conversations easily overheard. We were just table 10 - nothing more - no personal interaction at all. Giovanni's for lunch was better - tables still tight, but at least the service was better.

Chef's Table experience was great fun - but worth $150 extra - not sure on that one. The Windjammer was horrid - I felt like I was back on Carnival's Dream Lido Cafeteria :eek: - packed with people, food stations everywhere, tables shoved everywhere - couldn't get by, etc.

I thank goodness (and Aquahound) - after reading reviews, we upgraded to a junior suite because those Ds were SMALL!! The balcony was nice, but no lounge chair which I found surprising. Peaked in a few rooms, tried to get to the Lofts, but you needed a key to get to the floor, so missed our shot there on the first day.

But as I say, back to being a NOOTS - way too big for our taste - lovely, but too large.

I guess it all depends on what people are looking for.

Me, I'm more inclined to the nautical experience of being at sea, than the experience of staying at a resort.

If I don't feel the ship rocking and rolling on the waves, then I'm disappointed.

But RCL built 2 ships like this so their marketing is telling them that this is what enough people are looking for.

Archived