Upgrades Really Do Happen, I Was Beginning to Wonder....

ksmcali

Just thought I would pass along some encouragement for Upgrades on guarantee rooms. My aunt just booked a 5 day on the Triumph out of New Orleans for Dec 6. It was a last minute booking because of a great rate. She booked an inside Guarantee for $199 pp. She asked for my help getting her fun pass set up online (she's 70+ and not really computer savvy). We did it the day of she booked and her cabin was listed as TBA, which was expected. I checked back for her the next day (yesterday) and her cabin had been assigned. She was upgraded to a 9C Premium Balcony on the Aft of Deck 7 Empress.

What a great upgrade, an aft balcony! I was shocked! I sailed Carnival many times and only received an upgrade once 9 years ago from the highest class balcony to a cat 12 penthouse, and I'm pretty sure that's because it was our honeymoon.

Good Luck to all and Best Wishes for a Great Upgrade!

I got "teased" by Carnival.

We booked a 6D category, and sure enough, a few weeks later I get the "upsell fairy" email, offering me a once in a lifetime opportunity to upgrade to the OWNER'S SUITE. The email even included pictures of the suite. The cost: $100 pp!

Sure enough, I called the Carnival rep listed on the email. And she said: "Yep! I still have the Owner's Suite available on your Ecstasy, January 8th sailing...!"

The only problem was that I wasn't booked on the Ecstasy, January 8th sailing! :confused: She apoligized, looked up my real sailing and said: "Well, I can upgrade you to an obstructed Ocean Suite (former cat 11), for $250 pp". Considering that I had paid $239 pp for my cruise, the answer was "NO THANKS!"

Archived