HELP, Bus from POM to MIA

satex

I have looked everywhere for this info on the boards and have found nothing. I have looked at the Miami transportation site and that is very confusing.

We will be returning to the POM on Dec 17 and will have hours before our flight out. Are are wanting to take public transportation to get to the Miami airport. Now I can see that the bus 243 goes in front of the terminals, but how do I get to the Miami airport from there and how much does that cost?

I just can't see spending $40 for a shuttle for two when we have time and the transportation is there. Thanks

Don't spend $40 for transport via the cruise lines - spend $24+tip (flat rate, not per person!) and take a cab from POM to MIA. Better yet, share the cab with two other cruisers and only spend $12+tip each! ;)

POM is very barren and not a place you want to kill hours at; I'n not sure dragging luggage onto a series of public busses is any better. Sleep in, enjoy breakfast in the MDR, and you'll still be off the ship by about 9:00.:( Get to the airport early, check your bags in and then enjoy the dining and shopping, or just find a chair and enjoy a good book. Good luck!:)

John is totally correct! Take a cab. And if you can find a single or a couple (with light luggage) go ahead and offer a share. There are van cabs too that may allow you to split with 5. Just ask around as you are in line once off the ship.

Another thought, if you have a later flight, your cruiseline will probably offer a city tour that will use up time plus get you to the airport by noon or so.

Archived