A Sheltered life so far ?????

Hee ho.

We have always cruised with Thomson and Fred Olson before but have, for a change, booked with Royal Carb for next September and P&O Jan 2012.

So i spend some time reading their sites plus others. and what occurs to me is that on Thomsom and FO there never seems to be any "goings on" like i read about on other sites.

For instance people chucked off ship for selling drugs, fights in the laundry room, one guy on HAL tried to realese the anchor:eek: and so on.

Have we had a sheltered cruise life so far do you think ?

""Have we had a sheltered cruise life so far do you think ?""

Oh yes you certainly have. However, depending on which cruise you have chosen with PandO, depends on whether you need a Bullet Proof Vest in your luggage.

We haven't because all of our cruises have been on sedate ships where cruising is done in the old style :D

Mike

Never seen a single incident on any of our cruises: RCI, Princess and P&O, but heard lots of rumours. :rolleyes:

and that is what they are ................ rumours.

Had a case a while back where someone was chucked off a ship. The ship was quoted and the cruise was quoted. I 'just happen to know the Captain'. He knew nothing about it!!!!!

You will now have people come on here and report that ""THEY"" have seen it. The trouble is that these people are hiding behind all sorts of funny names and cannot be identified :mad::mad::mad:

My Bullet Proof Vest is a tongue in cheek thing.

Enjoy your cruise. Let's hope it is a sedate one :rolleyes:

Mike

How do you know they are just rumour Mike. Are you on every cruise where bad behaviour is reported.

I know someone that was on the infamous Ventura Xmas cruise a few years ago.

He saw a couple of the incidents first hand. Or maybe he just likes telling porkies?

Cheers

Gerry

""I know someone that was on the infamous Ventura Xmas cruise a few years ago. He saw a couple of the incidents first hand.""

Rather like the 'That's my dress you are wearing' on the dress taken from a dryer story :)

""Had a case a while back where someone was chucked off a ship. The ship was quoted and the cruise was quoted. I 'just happen to know the Captain'. He knew nothing about it!!!!!""

How do you account for that one?

Have YOU, yes YOU seen an incident?

I am not saying that they NEVER happen, I have seen the 'Dryer out of Action' card on a dryer on Aurora and someone came and use the machine, but have YOU seen the the sunlounger thrown overboard?

And why was I seen being talked to at the bottom of the gangway in Singapore as I came ashore with all my luggage? Was "I" the one thrown off for some misdeed?

Would you like me to make up some story about the people taken off in an Ambulance? Seen that many a time. Drunks? Punch ups? GBH?

Mike

So when you hear a story on the news about something that has happened, do you not believe it because you didn't see it with your own eyes???? You must lead a very strange life if you don't believe anything anyone ever tells you...............

So when you hear a story on the news about something that has happened, do you not believe it because you didn't see it with your own eyes???? You must lead a very strange life if you don't believe anything anyone ever tells you...............

Clutching at straws to make a comment? :(

mike

.... and your experience?

What have you ACTUALLY seen? Been there when it's happened?

Which cruise when and where and what is the story. Enlighten me.

I will watch the paint dry whilst I am waiting.

Mike

FAO 1160451. See what I mean? :rolleyes:

MY experience is zero. My Dads experience who was on the same cruise, was that he saw someone throw a lounger overboard during an argument. I have trusted him all my life but now I am doubting him..........I may never speak to him again.

We did experience a death on board - cabin next door but one to ours. If you hear "Code 1 emergency" that's the reason.

We witnessed a death on board Ventura in November followed by the anouncement from Leon De St Croix; "Please show your appriciation and give the showteam another big hand":D

Wow.... Watching paint dry, a bit too exciting for us FO people:D

Only joking we love FO.

On Arcadia in 2012 so hope we will not need the full metal jacket.

Take it easy and thanks everybody for an amusing set of posts.

Rosebaskets that made me smile:)

""I know someone that was on the infamous Ventura Xmas cruise a few years ago. He saw a couple of the incidents first hand.""

Rather like the 'That's my dress you are wearing' on the dress taken from a dryer story :)

""Had a case a while back where someone was chucked off a ship. The ship was quoted and the cruise was quoted. I 'just happen to know the Captain'. He knew nothing about it!!!!!""

How do you account for that one?

Have YOU, yes YOU seen an incident?

I am not saying that they NEVER happen, I have seen the 'Dryer out of Action' card on a dryer on Aurora and someone came and use the machine, but have YOU seen the the sunlounger thrown overboard?

And why was I seen being talked to at the bottom of the gangway in Singapore as I came ashore with all my luggage? Was "I" the one thrown off for some misdeed?

Would you like me to make up some story about the people taken off in an Ambulance? Seen that many a time. Drunks? Punch ups? GBH?

Mike

Well then Mike, I presume you are an Atheist as I am sure that you've never seen Jesus with your own eyes.;)

Jenny

That's a relief Mike, at least you are consistent.:)

I personally remember a family who was put off one of our cruises in Hong Kong and had to make their own way home, because their son had a mental illness which could not be treated on the ship, as his behaviour was unacceptable and his medication required adjusting. I think most cruise lines will take this kind of action as their primary concern is to the enjoyment and well being of their passengers, as it should be. I therefore have no reason to disbelieve the stories.

Jenny

P&O UK wouldn't dare "put off" someone with a mental disorder when travelling with a guardian no matter how bad it was unless they commited a crime or were a danger to themselves or others.

Don't know how it works in Aus, but they would be lambasted and sued in the UK for discrimination.

Believe it or not, it's true. He had become violent and aggressive and his behaviour was considered to be dangerous to himself and others. Also you raise an interesting point as to exactly what law applies in this situation, under what country's law would you instigate legal action? (the country of registration of the ship, the country of the company that owns the ship, the country in which they were disembarked or the country from which the cruise originated)

P&O UK wouldn't dare "put off" someone with a mental disorder when travelling with a guardian no matter how bad it was unless they commited a crime or were a danger to themselves or others.

Don't know how it works in Aus, but they would be lambasted and sued in the UK for discrimination.

I chose to ignore that crap posting Rosebaskets. It just proves my point about all these rumours and stori.es of people being chucked off, pinching somone else's dresses from the laundry etc etc etc

Which leads to a question or two. Why do people make them up in the first place and why do people believe them?

I think the dress from the launderette saga, was put out by the shipping company themselves as a warning that they would not accept any responsibility for stuff left lying around and to keep an eye on your own gear, don't dump it in the washer or dryer and clear off.

Have a souper crooze. I always do. But then I only cruise with nice people. Who do you cruise with? Nasty people? Serves you right then :rolleyes:

Mike

Believe it or not, it's true. He had become violent and aggressive and his behaviour was considered to be dangerous to himself and others. Also you raise an interesting point as to exactly what law applies in this situation, under what country's law would you instigate legal action? (the country of registration of the ship, the country of the company that owns the ship, the country in which they were disembarked or the country from which the cruise originated)

In the almost impossible of that event ever taking place, your claim would be against the company who was providing your cruise. You have a contract with them

Stupid question from an equally stupid story

Mike

I chose to ignore that crap posting Rosebaskets. It just proves my point about all these rumours and stori.es of people being chucked off, pinching somone else's dresses from the laundry etc etc etc

Which leads to a question or two. Why do people make them up in the first place and why do people believe them?

I think the dress from the launderette saga, was put out by the shipping company themselves as a warning that they would not accept any responsibility for stuff left lying around and to keep an eye on your own gear, don't dump it in the washer or dryer and clear off.

Have a souper crooze. I always do. But then I only cruise with nice people. Who do you cruise with? Nasty people? Serves you right then :rolleyes:

Mike

In the almost impossible of that event ever taking place, your claim would be against the company who was providing your cruise. You have a contract with them

Stupid question from an equally stupid story

Mike

Rum Rat, I can assure you that this account is 100% factual. You asked if anyone had first hand knowledge and had actually seen this happen so I replied. Why bother asking if you have already made up your mind and why call some else's information 'crap'.

This happened many years ago, but it DID happen and I can remember that my mum (who had become quite friendly with this young boy's mother on the cruise) contacted them when we got home to make sure everything was now OK with them (I believe they still exchange christmas cards all these years later).

Honestly it's fine if you don't believe me and want to hang on to your preconceived ideas, but you don't have to be rude, surely. Hmm, or maybe you do.

""This happened many years ago""

How convenient for you :rolleyes:

I could believe something on such lines happened, but to leave them to find their own way home?

Sorry, must dash and grab my camera, a flock of pigs is flying over.

Mike

If you read my signature, you'll find that all of my cruises (except the most recent) occurred many years ago.

It was on a 46 night Asian cruise on Sitmar Cruises ship Fairstar, in November 1978. I was 19 at the time and remember it very clearly as I thought it was very mean. All I was trying to say is if it could happen then I see it still possible that something similar could happen today. I like to keep an open mind.

Archived