Freebies for Platinum Plus

AWCHIEF

I would love "drink" (alcohol) coupons as well....

but I must admit that I felt more than a little unappreciated when we stood in the cabin of our Liberty cruise last month (3 Milestone members with a total of 130 cruises) holding our ONE SODA coupon card good for 4 sodas.

Not even one each...at least on the Destiny the next week...we got one EACH !! woo hoo

You can't expect alcohol coupons until you hit 200 collective sailings.. be patient! ;)

Linda - I seem to recall you mentioning some change to Karaoke on the ships (different equipment or staff)??

Tom

CCL's goal is to see what they can do to make loyal CCL customers stop being loyal to CCL.

It started with all the cutbacks under Cahill, the current platinum program is another test, going from giving picture frames to a few coupons for a free can of soda.

I just got my CCL "Christmas Gift" email telling me that they cancelled San Juan for this summer's cruise. The email does say that they hope I enjoy the "extra fund day at sea", I think their way of saying "We hope that by keeping you captive on ship for an extra sea day, it increases our profit".

They aren't bothering to extend the time at the remaining ports either.

John Heald did his annual "there will be exciting changes to the Platinum program!" spiel and as usual, nothing came out of it. I have never heard anything informative come out of corporate blather blog, perhaps to make it better, he should cheerfully discuss the exciting new cuts in entertainment, food and service that we can expect to see this coming year!

I have been a VIP for the last 6 cruises...the problem is that you get the same stuff over and over again. IF, like us, both you and your significant other are VIP's, this stuff really starts to stack up. We must have gotten 6 picture frames and 6 thermoses so far.

Also, who wants the stationary. It is sparkly paper with your name typed on it. It is nice scratch paper while on board, but it never makes it off the ship.

Reading this thread (and others on the same theme), perfectly illustrates the dilemma Carnival faces.

They will never be able to satisfy all Platinum level clients with any loyalty program.

Frankly reading some of the posts I wonder if some people can ever be satisfied.

Damned if you do - Damned if you don't .

This is no excuse for instances of crummy service,lack of information and

taking your best customers for granted.

You can't expect alcohol coupons until you hit 200 collective sailings.. be patient! ;)

Linda - I seem to recall you mentioning some change to Karaoke on the ships (different equipment or staff)??

Tom

Some of the newer ships (Freedom, Splendor and Dream) and one older ship (Imagination ~not sure about the Inspiration) use a new Ethemedia system that runs like a kiosk. Computer generated...most of the karaoke hosts I have talked with hate it.

Limited songs etc. They always have the CAVS for back up and end up using it as well.

Also about 3 months ago...I heard a "rumor" that on shorter cruises, they were doing away with a dedicated karaoke host and going to simply let the Entertainment staff handle it.

I have not run across that yet.....

I have been a VIP for the last 6 cruises...the problem is that you get the same stuff over and over again. IF, like us, both you and your significant other are VIP's, this stuff really starts to stack up. We must have gotten 6 picture frames and 6 thermoses so far.

Also, who wants the stationary. It is sparkly paper with your name typed on it. It is nice scratch paper while on board, but it never makes it off the ship.

Yep...a minimum of THREE of us (sometimes 4) cruising at least 7 times a year for the past 3 years....

they add up QUICK !!!

I finally got rid of all the thermos. The city did a major amount of work in our backyard dealing with their drainage system (it looks so pretty now!!)

and so I gave the last 12 thermos to the guys on the crew.

They loved them!!

John H. Has been talking about changes to the Loyalty Program for at

Least a year and a half....so I expect nothing until way past the first of the New Year. ALso, given that we are in the Cahill era of "The Cheapening of the Carnival Experience", I expect nothing noteworthy to happen. As usual it will be "much ado about nothing".

I agree.. I would like the beach bag.. the thermos maybe another frame but it would be nice to have a choice... I don't want OBC.. I want something that I can physically bring back home...;)

I agree. Something tangible..a real gift. However, you could always buy something from the gift shop with the OBC...lol

Archived