Bill - The Azamara web site needs to be updated

Jade13

Bill..

Just a thought with all of these comments on where the IT department has budgeted its time and finances.

Sounds to me you are in a bit of a triage situation on what needs to be done now with the website. I'm sure not only are there internal pressures, but the external pressures are almost at demonstration level :)

If I may make my priority request for the AZ website...

I want those 2012 rates and itineraries with ports and port times loaded up as your collateral was suggesting by Dec 20th.

We would like to book either the sailing with Libya, Malta and Sicily..

by studying the world map, we are hoping that you added Tunisia and Cyprus into the mix on that sailing

or one with Petra and do a B2B going back to do more Holy Land

I know there are frustrated people out there (obviously, with the posts above) but out of my 6 weeks at sea each year on a multitude of cruiselines for the last 38 years.

My 24 days last month on AZ was truly a near perfect experience.

We are ready to give you a deposit for 2012 NOW! :D

The Cat 8 is a good value depending on the actual cabin you get in cat 8.

We booked 6030 and had a reasonable view since the boat in front of the window was a small "jet boat". Location was great, quick out the door and down one level to 5 where there were loungers just outside, coffee bar close by too. The cabin is not large, but the layout is actually pretty efficient as the closets do not interfere with the entry door like they do on the balcony cabins. If the price was right I would not hesitate to take this cabin again. Some of the cat 8 cabins have the large lifeboat/tenders blocking the view and probably not as good. If you are taking a guarantee, probably you will get one of these. I'd only book an 8 if I can pick the cabin.

Here I am again...

The Azamara website is considering cat 8 a ''good value'' compare to an inside cabin. Beside showing the wrong square footage, there's no actual pictures anywhere. I do not agree with the interpretation of the website. I was on a guarantee inside cat 12. With more square footage and a sitting area. I now have to sacrifice the space for some '' natural light'' but fully obstructed view. In my own opinion this is not a better nor equal option. I would preferr to keep an inside cabin. A smaller cabin is not an upgrade. It's a downgrade. The window does not make it qualify for a better cabin. I don't think I will go on a guarantee ever again on these ship. I still hope that the rest of my azamara will be positive.

Hello Oceandrive,

I’m sorry for the anxiety that you’re feeling about the stateroom you received as a result of your guarantee reservation. I hope that when you have settled in onboard that the total experience and personal service from our dedicated officers, staff and crew will be a cure for your disappointment so that your vacation experience will exceed your expectations.

Based on measurements just taken by the ship, the total square footage for stateroom 6047 is 147 sq. feet including the closet square footage, or 131 sq. feet without the closet measurement.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

There is some uncertainty about which shore excursions are eligible for 50% discounts. We are particularly interested in the Friday, Oct. 28 Luxor excursion from Alexandria, on Quest's Oct. 26 2011 cruise to and from Athens. Are you yet able to determine whether this excursion is subject to the discount?

Thank you for honoring the questions from your passengers.

There is some uncertainty about which shore excursions are eligible for 50% discounts. We are particularly interested in the Friday, Oct. 28 Luxor excursion from Alexandria, on Quest's Oct. 26 2011 cruise to and from Athens. Are you yet able to determine whether this excursion is subject to the discount?

Thank you for honoring the questions from your passengers.

The new brochure specifically says overland tours are excluded from this promotion. We are interested in this tour as well and hope it is offered and does not get canceled because of a lack of interest because of cost. Right now the only way to get to Luxor from Alexandria is by chartered air.

Are excursions out for your sailing yet? They are not available yet for our April itinerary.

Bill..

Just a thought with all of these comments on where the IT department has budgeted its time and finances.

Sounds to me you are in a bit of a triage situation on what needs to be done now with the website. I'm sure not only are there internal pressures, but the external pressures are almost at demonstration level :)

If I may make my priority request for the AZ website...

I want those 2012 rates and itineraries with ports and port times loaded up as your collateral was suggesting by Dec 20th.

We would like to book either the sailing with Libya, Malta and Sicily..

by studying the world map, we are hoping that you added Tunisia and Cyprus into the mix on that sailing

or one with Petra and do a B2B going back to do more Holy Land

I know there are frustrated people out there (obviously, with the posts above) but out of my 6 weeks at sea each year on a multitude of cruiselines for the last 38 years.

My 24 days last month on AZ was truly a near perfect experience.

We are ready to give you a deposit for 2012 NOW! :D

THe web budget and scheduling the web updates for the new itineraries should be part of the cruise planning projects budget they should be coordinating the planed itineraires the pricing the announcments the web updates and brochures promotional materials shore excurtions etc..

All current errors on the web site are the result of previous projects not doing their jobs properly in the first place. Either the initial project had errors or people have changed something and not incuded the web updates in the plan.

AS Bill said previously they are doing an audit that just says "we have no idea what's on our web site we are going to make a list".

Each department should have indexes and cross references to all the information that is relevent to them and needs changing when something is proposed that needs communicating to the public that might be a brochure a standard letter the web site or the T&Cs on the cruise contracts etc.

That also applies to ALL countries where these may be different.

Every single change that is proposed anywhere in the company should have "Brochure impact" and "web site impact" costings along with everything else.

I bet they don't

Archived