Pregnant while cruising?

Just found our my DIL will be expecting their second child in the fall, and we were planning a family cruise for late July....does anyone know what different cruiselines restrictions are? I understand HAL will not permit anyone more than 4 months onboard, but wondering if anyone has experience with RCCL?

You must be less than 27 weeks, and you do need a dr's note otherwise they have the right to deny your DIL onboard. I cruised when I was 24 weeks pregnant and personally would never do it again. Unfortunately, I encountered complications while onboard (the pregnancy had been normal until that point), and the ship's dr was not equiped to deal with a pregnant woman (neither with his equipment nor with his experience). When I went to the emergency room back at home, they were appalled at how the ship's dr handled my situation as it could have had dire consequences.

Travelling companions were expecting in December when we ent on AOS in September. She was also on medication (shots) which she administered herself. Never had any complications and the staff was great onboard. They took all precautions with hygene and food etc.. and had a great time. Got some really funny pictures of her snorkeling too! This particular friend was/is extremely careful with her health and saw no risks if you are careful with your surrondings. BTW, this was a cruise during Hurricane Ivan and Jeane but still had fun. She followed all the doctors reccomendations with drinking only bottled water, eating certain foods, traveling with those stockings that squeeze your legs etc...

We cruised with my wife being 25 weeks along, with her doctors blessing. RCCL states in their terms that they want the doctors note faxed beforehand, which we did and they had no problem with it. We also saw many other pregnant women on our sailing.

Archived