Rumrunners Busted on Destiny TODAY

detwings

I am cruising this Thursday 1/27 and for the first time ever I ordered a bottle of Grey Goose from Bon Voyage. I used to smuggle but have been monitoring the threads about alcohol and rumrunners being taken. My parents went on a carnival cruise a few months ago and had their alcohol taken. I have a budget for how much I am willing to spend on a cruise. Carnival does not get any extra money from me because I had to buy from Bon Voyage. I will subtract the money I spent on the booze from what I would have spent on gambling, pictures etc. That way I am able to enjoy some beverages in my cabin and stick to my budget.

You may be onto something.

On Carnival (and incidentally every other ship line) you can't even take a banana into the country or Island you are visiting!

First the booze now bananas...what could be next, apples? Nevermind they control those also.

I think this shows it is a plot by Carnival specifically to keep all the bananas, apples, grapes and booze for themselves and they have hired all ship lines and countries they visit to do the same and make themselves look innocent! And why are they doing all this? You answered it for me, to replace our pills with poison. Oh they are such sneaky snakes.

But we could be wrong about this plot... :D

Disclaimer: Do not read anything into this but humor. I could not resist!

NO the bananas and apples go to feed the poor local customs guys at the ports you visit. It's a cheap form of graft. :rolleyes:

NO the bananas and apples go to feed the poor local customs guys at the ports you visit. It's a cheap form of graft. :rolleyes:

Aha! Banana/apple power! I'll certainly pack different now. No more Ms Nice girl. I will be dragging a keg behind me covered up by charcoal briquettes shaped into a wheeled carry-on. My dress will be fashioned after Lady Gaga's MTV Awards meat dress. My BBQ Pit will be hidden in large elevator shoes and my hat will be a remake of Carmen Miranda's fruit hat.

That should cover everything. But I will order a bottle from Carnival's BV as usual before I leave just in case something goes wrong like the day a bottle of Crown Royal leaked all over my clothes on a flight home plus I do not know how many dogs or fruit flies will attack me on the way to the ship. LOL

First the booze now bananas...what could be next, apples? Nevermind they control those also.

I think this shows it is a plot by Carnival specifically to keep all the bananas, apples, grapes and booze for themselves and they have hired all ship lines and countries they visit to do the same and make themselves look innocent!

Every time I return to Houston on an international flight, I watch the "fruit beagle" from the USDA do his thing while I wait for my bags. He's all cute & stuff, but if you put a banana or apple from the flight into your bag, he'll sniff you out before you ever get close to clearing customs.

Every time I return to Houston on an international flight, I watch the "fruit beagle" from the USDA do his thing while I wait for my bags. He's all cute & stuff, but if you put a banana or apple from the flight into your bag, he'll sniff you out before you ever get close to clearing customs.

My new meat dress should throw that cute little dog off! lol

They are amazing to watch aren't they? Even at the ship you sometimes get an opportunity to see dogs in action. On one cruise we watched security walk dogs through the luggage that was being unloaded at the dock and it was really something to see.

For some reason no country wants hitchhiking bugs that can ruin that country's crops and cause billions in damage. Bananas can wipe out a food industry but is that a good reason to grab my personal banana? Granted I do think it is logical to take everyone else's. :D

I was a TSA screener for awhile and if you read my post from a few weeks ago, you will see what can and cannot be detected.

I tried to find this post your referring to and didn't have any luck. Can you direct me to it (maybe a link)?

Thanks

Archived