Flights to caribbean

torty

We're booked on the Azura Caribbean Cruise for 4 February and would really appreciate any reports (good or bad) on the Thomson/Thomas Cook flights to/from Barbados. We've read some bad reports which have left us feeling apprehensive and would really appreciate it if someone could come up with a more positive assessment.

If you are on the Thomson flight then I would not worry. We came back just a few weeks ago with Thomson from Barbados and we had plenty of leg room and the service was good. I had no complaints at all.

The leg room infact was more than BA on their transatlantics and we were in cattle class.!!

Rex

We have been to Barbados with P&O 5-6 times, the last 3-4 on Thompsons. You get decent leg room and a 2-4-2 conf'g, so I would say fairly comfortable. You are also fed and watered well.

On arrival in Barbados you will leave the plane to waiting buses, straight to the ship without going through the terminal or immigration. Your luggage will be in your cabin 2-3 hours later.

It is this process that means I wouldn't consider any other company for a standard Caribbean cruise.

Totally agree with the above posts. Thomsons have delivered a good service every time we have flown to the Caribbean with them. Only flown TC a couple of times and both times had problems with service and seats. Next Friday we are flying again with Thomsons but unfortunately our March cruise is with TC and we have been unable to change it.

Sue

Just flew with Thomas Cook. Flight and plane pretty standard. Some elements poor like broken seats and tvs not working. Service unprofessional and not consistent throughout plane. Seats narrow for those on the larger side. Oh sorry, you wanted positive?..............

If you have a choice I would opt for Thomsons every time over Thomas Cook ........... flown long haul with Thomas Cook about 5 times and last 3 times went premum to try and improve comfort but 2 out of last 3 had various problems in both directions with TC including broken seats (twice), no meal choice left, broken inflight entertainment (3 times) and inability for them to seat us together (family of 4) even after paying for pre booked seats (our last time seperated as 2 and 2 by 3 rows and across aisle)

Last two long haul have used Thomsons premium and could not fault them, more comfort, better service, better food, better in flight entertainment and everything worked including pre selection of seats online.

I have vowed never to use Thomas Cook again, and a lot of others in our section of plane on our last flight were discussing similar problems on various long haul routes with Thomas Cook.

With P&O you just seem to get allocated to a flight we have never been able to choose.

We have flown out to Ventura with Thomson previously and had excellent service, but our next trip is on Thomas Cook after reading some of the previous comments now dreading the flight.

Flew Thomas Cook last year, flying with them again this year(end of Feb). No worries. Better than our flights to New York with American Airlines in September. We'v just booked our seats and they seem to be going fairly quickly. I know its a rip off etc etc but I need an aisle seat cos I'm a bit claustrophobic and its worth paying a bit extra for peace of mind! You could get seats quite well at check in last year but now that you can prebook it might be a different matter, so I'm not going to risk it!

I hope Thomas Cook are ok as thats who we are flying with on 4th Feb too!! We've pre booked the exit seats for leg rooms but I do like to watch a film to pass the time so I hope my TV isnt broken :O

Your right though it is only a few hours but boy that time can drag :-) Worth it the other end though

My mother flew back from Oceana this morning on a Thomson flight. She said the 15.5 hour flight out to Acapulco was great, but the flight attendants on the flight back from Barbados didn't want to know. They were really off with everyone and took 10 minutes to answer a call button. I suppose it could have been as the plane was delayed for quite a while because the airport didn't have any fuel for the aircraft and so they were left sitting on the tarmac. BA and VIRGIN were also kept waiting. :confused:

Archived