docking station Princess Suites

cruzadict

There wasn't a docking station last summer on QM2 in QG, however, we travel with a Bose portable I Pod station and it is nice to have a good choice of music. They are now available at a reasonable price (for a Bose) and are small and convenient in their own carrying case.

If you get one beware that they seem to befuddle the TSA folks, who want to see it out of the carrier. And they come with a twist off power plug which is easily lost in the TSA process. Be sure you put it in a safe place.

Good Luck Mike

don't forget to take a power strip!

I read about this suggestion before my first voyage. We charged our mobile phones, cameras and laptops all from the one power strip.

And there is no IPod dock in Princess Grill (as of October 2010) on the QM2.

Thanks for all your replies. Bigmike - how much should I be looking to pay for a Bose dock. We will be staying in New York for 4 days prior to the cruise and I am wondering whether it would be bettter to buy one here in the UK or US.

If you buy it in USA, unless it works on dual voltage you could burn it out by using it in UK. So check the info well. Google for the US and UK sites where they are sold and you can compare the prices. They are £349 in the UK from Bose themselves.

The Bose Sound Docks are about US$ 300. if bought in the US. They have a universal power converter which works on both 110 and 220, If you buy it in the US, you will get a US two prong plug. You can use it on board in the 110 volt plugs, or with a converter a 22O plug. The prong is removeable and I imagine you can get a UK three prong plug from Bose in the UK to replace the US version.

World wide useability should not be a problem. You will also want a carrying bag made for the sound dock which is about $60.

I must say the sound is excellent on either the Sound Dock which I have or the Sound Dock II which has some other features I didn't need.

You might try Amazon.co.uk as a place to check prices.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks Capn, didn't give the voltage a thought, dumb blonde comes to mind!!!

The QM2 has both British and USA voltage and pattern outlets.

I usually bring along adapters and transformers anyway, and sometimes use them just to be cute.

Besides, what if we are stuck in a hotel in Nice or Nagasaki for a few days while the self-starting on one of the ships engines is replaced?

David

Archived