Need help for a gift on Allure 2/16 - 2/13 Please

CALMOM

Hello, I actually went to look for a Roll Call for this cruise but could not find one. My son and his boyfriend are booked on this cruise, I believe it is through Atlantis. I want to purchase a gift card or certificate for their expenses on the ship. Does RCL sell gift cards or certificates? If so, how do I purchase them? Will I receive something in writing or a card, so I can place it in a Xmas card to them? I have purchased ship board credit, when I have sailed on Princess but not familiar with RCL.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I have no experience with RC but I am sure it works the same as the other cruise lines. Give them a call and ask about buying OBC. Most likely you will just have an email confirmation of the OBC to place in a card.

Thank you Peter

Hello, I actually went to look for a Roll Call for this cruise but could not find one. My son and his boyfriend are booked on this cruise, I believe it is through Atlantis. I want to purchase a gift card or certificate for their expenses on the ship. Does RCL sell gift cards or certificates? If so, how do I purchase them? Will I receive something in writing or a card, so I can place it in a Xmas card to them? I have purchased ship board credit, when I have sailed on Princess but not familiar with RCL.

Awwwww, you are such a sweet and loving Mom! God bless your kind soul!!

P.S.: Can you adopt me please???? :D

You might need a little patience. I tried to do the same for friends of mine and apparently, when it is a full ship charter, the booking numbers are assigned later, by Atlantis, and the gifts department at RCL couldn't pull up a record for our friends. This made it impossible to buy until closer to the cruise.

RCL does not send much in the way of confirmation to you so we tend to photo shop our own "RCL money" which we put in the card. My partner often takes monopoly money and photo shops people's faces onto it, which is fun to put in a card.

You might need a little patience. I tried to do the same for friends of mine and apparently, when it is a full ship charter, the booking numbers are assigned later, by Atlantis, and the gifts department at RCL couldn't pull up a record for our friends. This made it impossible to buy until closer to the cruise.

RCL does not send much in the way of confirmation to you so we tend to photo shop our own "RCL money" which we put in the card. My partner often takes monopoly money and photo shops people's faces onto it, which is fun to put in a card.

I called today & you are correct about the booking #. I will just do your great idea about the monopoly money, that sounds like more fun anyways. Thank you so much.

I forgot about that issue! Yes, the cruise line booking numbers are assigned closer to the cruise for a charter. For RSVP our Hawaiian cruise the booking numbers were available a month before and for the Caribbean cruise about 6 weeks before.

Archived