Miami sailings after March 2011?

Hi folks!

Am I missing something? I dont see any RCL sailings after March 2011 out of Miami??

Nope, when Liberty goes over to Europe next spring, the only ship will be the 3/4 night Majesty sailing from Miami. Miami has lost a few ships to Ft. Lauderdale.

except for the 3 and 4 day cruises no Miami after april of 2011...this is going to hurt the pre night hotel in the port area...if memory serves me correct the ft lauderdale port is very heavy industrialized and not alot of hotel real close...or have i missed something...the bayside holiday inn is going to take it really hard...we have stayed there about 1/2 dozen times...very very convienient...3 minutes to the pier...

except for the 3 and 4 day cruises no Miami after april of 2011...this is going to hurt the pre night hotel in the port area...if memory serves me correct the ft lauderdale port is very heavy industrialized and not alot of hotel real close...or have i missed something...the bayside holiday inn is going to take it really hard...we have stayed there about 1/2 dozen times...very very convienient...3 minutes to the pier...

What I dislike about sailing from Ft. Lauderdale is the long line of vehicles entering the security gate to the port and no parking garage at terminal 18, but parking is only $15 instead of $20 in Miami. :D We don't have to worry about hotels stays, so that's not a factor.

HMMMM.... we have always flown into FLL, but only cruised out of there 1x. But there's been a huge reduction in direct flights to PBI and FLL from our area. This last time it was actually cheaper to fly directly into MIA for once. Figures.....:rolleyes: Who knows- maybe with the increased demand they will add more direct flights again....

We're on the last 8 nighter out of Miami on March 19th...We have always done this cruise out of Port Everglades..but thanks :mad: to RCI's decision the 8 nighters out of either port are gone gone gone :(:(

I suspect Royal is deploying out of both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale to force traffic onto Oasis and Allure. They have 12,000 berths to fill every week on those two ships alone.

Ft. Lauderdale scored big with the new terminal of Oasis/Allure at the expense of Miami. It looks to me like RCI is abandoning Miami completely and eliminating any alternatives out of Ft. Lauderdale. I'd be very surprised if Celebrity doesn't move out of Miami as well. As a Miami resident that certainly doesn't make me happy, and not only from the opportunity to cruise on my favorite cruise line.

I suspect Royal is deploying out of both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale to force traffic onto Oasis and Allure. They have 12,000 berths to fill every week on those two ships alone.

Ft. Lauderdale scored big with the new terminal of Oasis/Allure at the expense of Miami. It looks to me like RCI is abandoning Miami completely and eliminating any alternatives out of Ft. Lauderdale. I'd be very surprised if Celebrity doesn't move out of Miami as well. As a Miami resident that certainly doesn't make me happy, and not only from the opportunity to cruise on my favorite cruise line.

I am not sure I would say that RCI is abandoning Miami since Miami wasn't even willing to give out a bid for their ships to stay there. Ft. Lauderdale wanted the business and gave out the bid, so that's why more ships are there. Now if I want to cruise on a different ship besides Oasis or Allure, I'll have to drive up to Port Canaveral and sail on Freedom which is a lot longer drive for us!

Archived