We don't Wine

P&J Cruiser

I know your allowed a bottle of wine per person to carry n or pack. However my GF likes those pre mixed mud slides, they come in 4 packs. Do you think we would get busted if we tried to substitue those? Thanks for your feedback.

The rules are specific to wine. You can try..... but if they are in your carry on they will be confiscated.

The rules are specific to wine. You can try..... but if they are in your carry on they will be confiscated.

I agree.

I know if you have an extra bottle of wine, or a "too big" bottle of wine they will give it back to you the last night. I am not sure that if these were confiscated if you'd get them back...

I agree.

I know if you have an extra bottle of wine, or a "too big" bottle of wine they will give it back to you the last night. I am not sure that if these were confiscated if you'd get them back...

...depends on your luck. our last cruise on the liberty our of miami my bf and I each brought a big bottle of wine and made it through with no problems. just luck of the draw I guess! and if they are still in the original package (aka not rum runners) you will get them back the last night of the cruise.

Wine can only be carried on to be allowed .. carry on only.

Now if you are asking about smuggling, which you are .. does not matter what the rules are since its not allowed .. ya take your chances.

Careful how you pack the Margharitaville blender tho......:eek:

I know your allowed a bottle of wine per person to carry n or pack. However my GF likes those pre mixed mud slides, they come in 4 packs. Do you think we would get busted if we tried to substitue those? Thanks for your feedback.

it will probably be taken away at embarkation. i got a email from carnival about the 4 packs of wine coolers instead of a bottle of wine and it stated that it would not be allowed exept for one of the small bottles. one bottle of wine per person is it. and the mud slides are considered a mixed drink not wine. i would start saving up more money for her drinks ;).

Careful how you pack the Margharitaville blender tho......:eek:

As luck would have it ... I love margaritas on the rocks the best.

:rolleyes: shhhh .. but not those free ones at the parties, which are a little bit too sour to me. Carnival needs to find a better mix. I like Mrs Ts myself.

On our 11/20/10 sailing on the Liberty a couple brought their own large (1.5 liter) bottle of wine onboard and drank out of it in the dining room for 6 of the 7 nights of the cruise. I have no idea how they got the large bottle on the ship, but the waiter re-corked it and stored it for them every night in the dining room with no questions asked. I have no idea whether or not they were charged a corkage fee. As the large bottle equals two 750 ml bottles, maybe you are allowed that for two persons?

I think it's hit or miss with the large bottles - some get them on and some don't (no matter how much they may argue that tw0 750 ml bottles are EQUAL to one 1.5L larger bottle).....depends on who is 'watching the henhouse'.

I like to bring smaller/tetra box wines on board - I am not a big drinker and as a solo I would only have 1-2 glasses per evening and the small 250 ml size was perfect. http://www.frenchrabbit.com/250ml-french-wine.html

Guess I will have to find something else that works! :(

i would start saving up more money for her drinks.

On the Imagination they were running a drink special for $8.50 that gets you a $5 match play coupon for the table games. So, you might get your $5 back. Although, the match play requires a matching $5 or more bet. If you don't gamble, you might get someone who is playing to play the match play for you under their bet. Then you may get your $5 back without risking the additional $5. My friend did that for someone.

As luck would have it ... I love margaritas on the rocks the best.

:rolleyes: shhhh .. but not those free ones at the parties, which are a little bit too sour to me. Carnival needs to find a better mix. I like Mrs Ts myself.

I used to think the headaches I got from frozen was due to brain freeze.....now I not quite sure that was it....:confused:

I used to think the headaches I got from frozen was due to brain freeze.....now I not quite sure that was it....

You only get brain freeze while drinking. The headache later is due to too many or too sweet, IMHO. Picked up a bottle of Controy orange liquor at the market in Cozumel. (80 proof same as Cointreau) to mix with instead of using sour mix. I'll add a little lime juice. $9US a bottle. I got it at Mega. We'll see if it's as good as Cointreau or the calamondin orange liquor I make from the fruit on my own tree.

On the Imagination they were running a drink special for $8.50 that gets you a $5 match play coupon for the table games. So, you might get your $5 back. Although, the match play requires a matching $5 or more bet. If you don't gamble, you might get someone who is playing to play the match play for you under their bet. Then you may get your $5 back without risking the additional $5. My friend did that for someone.

That is on all ships for the special drinks they have a list..I never got my $100 back giving it to someone else.. you must have someone that can play the tables LMAO:p:D

That is on all ships for the special drinks they have a list..I never got my $100 back giving it to someone else.. you must have someone that can play the tables

Suffice it to say, they don't make money off my friend's play. (Except the tips to the dealers.)

Get a bottle of wine, drink it, clean it out, fill it with the Mudslides, recork it, bring it aboard in your carry-on, enjoy!

You can buy a wine corker for $10, $20-25 for a decent one.

For that price- buy them onboard, keep the wine and bring that. But thats just me.

For that price- buy them onboard, keep the wine and bring that. But thats just me.

You can still drink the wine. Just drink it before you go or find an old wine bottle (goodness knows I have a million Bellatore bottles in my recycling from Sunday Brunches). And $10 for a corker? That's, what... 1 drink at the bar? Plus you can use it whenever you cruise? And you can probably fit a full 6 pack of the drinks the GF likes into the two wine bottles... maybe even more (I don't feel like doing the math). Doesn't even compare money wise! Just takes some preparation and forward thinking. Plus if you don't like wine why not bring something else?

Archived