West Fiort Lauderdale--Plantation ****????

CathyCruises

See this on Priceline for $80, anyone have an idea what hotel it is? Any other recommendation for good hotels in FLL for 3 nights precruise in January that won't break the budget? Also Sawgrass area has **** for $89, but I have no idea what I would be getting. Any help much appreciated.

That's what I was trying to figure out--what hotels those might be. Priceline doesn't tell you the names so I was just wondering if anyone knew what 4 Star hotels there are either in the Plantation or Sawgrass areas--then I could read up on them and see if I might want to bid.

Thx Cathy

Is your ship departing from Port Everglades (in Ft. Lauderdale) or from Port of Miami? Either way, be aware that Plantation and Sawgrass area (Sunrise, FL) are 10 to 15 miles from Port Everglades and FLL and even further from Miami. However, as other posters have stated, hotels in these suburbs are likely in good shape. If you stay in these suburban areas, you will need to give thought to your transportation to the hotel from the airport; and to the port from the hotel.

Yes you can get good deals in plantantion etc, the buys use to be downtown, but with the distance you have to factor in a car, and parking most of the hotels out in plantation do not charge

We bid 65 and got the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel Free parking Now we are renting a car any way and will drop it off on 17th st with budget and have them take us to the pier.

It is a good location and you can get around plenty of stores, restaurants etc

Pete

We are flying into FLL but sailing from Miami, January 15th. We may rent a car depending in where we end up. I have stayed in Miami and probably will do post cruise--thought it would be nice to enjoy a couple of pre-cruise days enjoying the sunshine in Ft. Lauderdale. A nice beach hotel would be great; we are not too in to shopping, may enjoy the intracoastal waterways though. I was going to take SAS to the ship as I have read here is a good idea.

I bid for 4 star Plantation and as mentioned it is the Renaissance. I want to go shopping at Sawgrass so that is why I chose Plantation. KSA Tours does shuttle from FLL airport for $25 pp. I got the hotel for $50 but my friends had to pay $55. We plan to share a cab to the port.

I bid for 4 star Plantation and as mentioned it is the Renaissance. I want to go shopping at Sawgrass so that is why I chose Plantation. KSA Tours does shuttle from FLL airport for $25 pp. I got the hotel for $50 but my friends had to pay $55. We plan to share a cab to the port.

Mary Ann that is great, excellent price but if you are paying 25 per person for the shuttle why not just rent a car, good deals out there, you could try pricline with a lo ball bid and see what happens, I have done that in the past and been very successful. Not doing that this time as I am using budget due to a pevious discount

Regards

Pete

Can you tell me when you are going for that amazing price? I bid $75 for 4 stars in 'beach' area and was declined, maybe I will add in Plantation area. I just want to know what the possible hotels are before I bid.

Can you tell me when you are going for that amazing price? I bid $75 for 4 stars in 'beach' area and was declined, maybe I will add in Plantation area. I just want to know what the possible hotels are before I bid.

Jan 12th-14th. I got it for first bid. Plantation does have much lower prices. When I wanted an airport hotel for 30th Jan it was more of a struggle and ended up using Hotwire. Got Hyatt Place Airport South 3 1/2 star for $81.

Mary Ann that is great, excellent price but if you are paying 25 per person for the shuttle why not just rent a car, good deals out there, you could try pricline with a lo ball bid and see what happens, I have done that in the past and been very successful. Not doing that this time as I am using budget due to a pevious discount

Regards

Pete

That is a good idea Pete but we are all arriving different times. It would be handy to have the car though so will look into it.

We are flying into FLL but sailing from Miami, January 15th. We may rent a car depending in where we end up. I have stayed in Miami and probably will do post cruise--thought it would be nice to enjoy a couple of pre-cruise days enjoying the sunshine in Ft. Lauderdale. A nice beach hotel would be great; we are not too in to shopping, may enjoy the intracoastal waterways though. I was going to take SAS to the ship as I have read here is a good idea.

Don't stay in Plantation if you are sailing out of Miami.

Go to www.Sunny.org and look at Small Superior Lodgings in Hollywood Beach if you want to save money and stay on the beach.

Plantation is way out of your way.

I just saw on Hotwire a 4 star Hollywood Beach area hotel for $89--any idea what that would be? Also checking out the small superior properties, thanks for that tip!

Okay, I just looked on Priceline, and the three Hollywood 4 star hotels are Crowne Plaza, Westin Diplomat and Marriott Hollywood Beach--would any of those three be okay? $89 is def. in the budget!

Okay, I just looked on Priceline, and the three Hollywood 4 star hotels are Crowne Plaza, Westin Diplomat and Marriott Hollywood Beach--would any of those three be okay? $89 is def. in the budget!

I would happily stay at any of the above three hotels and the $89 is a steal for the Diplomat or Marriott and a very fair price for the Crown Plaza.

I tried bidding for Hollywood 4 stars and got the Crowne Plaza for $75--I was a little disappointed, hoping for Westin, but the price is great for mid-January I think. Priceline offered a rental car for $13/day which we will do; I don't think for that amount they will let us drop off in Miami, so assuming we have to return the car to the airport, what will be the best way to get from there to the cruise port in Miami? Still SAS? I will of course see about dropping the car somewhere closer, but may not be possible.

Many of the negative reviews on Tripadvisor were about no restaurants nearby, so with a car we should be fine. Also on another thread someone posted about restaurantsdotcom, and I got 2 certificates for the restaurants at the hotel, $25 worth for $2 for the Tiki Bar and $50 worth for $4 for the Grill!!!!

Anyhoo any suggestions about airport-to-port transport (;)) much appreciated.

Archived