Group Theme Ideas...

Bugsy1

We will be a group of about 40 (ages 22 to 50-somthings), and are wanting to do at least one "theme night". We are contemplating a 70's night or maybe a "toga night".

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions or pics?

Thanx!

You might look at mach's pictures of the Crazies. I think they have done the toga one .. and also a PJ night where everyone wore their PJs to some spot, say the Lido deck.

70s seems to be harder to me to buy something for and not many will have that in their closet.

Just everyone wearing the same color tee shirt works for me ..

Fire-

PJ's would work for me, but some of my girl cuzins would be upset they would miss out on a chance to "get all cute". We were thinking about printing T's, but wanted to do something a bit more do-it-on your-own.

Mr.Meat-

Dude, I think it is goin to be a Mardi Gras/Masquerade theme.

Good ideas, Thanx!:)

Anyone else? Maybe have pics, too...

We did the Sailing Southern Ground cruise this past Labor Day with Zac Brown Band and 24 other performers on the Carnival Imagination 4 nights, what a trip. The whole ship was chartered so no non theme people on board. They had three theme nights

Reggae, Country Hillbilly, and Patriotic red white and blue. Some others were nominated and included 70's, Pirates and toga as you mentioned.

Have fun planning! :)

Fire-

PJ's would work for me, but some of my girl cuzins would be upset they would miss out on a chance to "get all cute". .

There are some fun cute PJs out there? I dont think it went over big though as folks didnt want to go thru the ship in PJs, not even late at night. Same with the toga idea, most wouldnt do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bugsy,

We are on the same cruise with you. There will be 85 of us. (Family Reunion) I have planned a Toga night (I am pretty sure I will be lucky to get half of us dressed in Toga), Glow bracelets and necklaces (another night), light up sun glasses and t-shirts. I have also planned a miniature golf outing (wear t-shirts and sun glasses), Family Feud and Texas Hold em tournament. We also have a group excursion with Captain Marvin’s. Two boats will be taking us to swim with the stingrays and snorkel. I suspect we will end up at the same semi private cocktail party since Carnival combines many groups for this. Our group consist of ages 2-90 with 5 under 18. This should be lots of fun!

I always feel sorry for those teens in a group cruise that HAVE to wear some silly day-glow green T-shirt with some corny phrase on it ("Cruisin with Gramps on his 50th Anniversary"). They often have a hang-dog look of a person about to have their wisdom teeth pulled.

I can imagine the conversations in the cabin "Now Billy..., Grandpa's paying for this cruise and it's his B'day, now PUT ON YOUR D**N T-SHIRT AND SMILE! and you WILL enjoy yourself!"...

Group Cruisers make me smile..mainly because I'm not...

Sweet, well your group definitley has us outnumbered! I figured some of the ladies would not commit to the lavish duds of the acient Greek. We still should not be hard to miss. All are 21-35. We do have a few older couples that came on towards the end, but they are just as fun! :cool:

Joe – LOL! I agree with you 100 percent. We have one 15 year old that is going to feel out of place. I am hoping for the most part she likes hanging with her older cousins. They might make it a little more fun for her. The problem is she can’t join them in dancing. My daughter plans to cut up her T-shirt to make it more her style. I am sure many of the younger cousins will follow suit. Of course they will have to do this in Galveston. I doubt I can get a pair of scissors on board.

Bugsy – we have about 30 that fall into the 18 – 35 range, the rest of us get progressively older but will still have a blast. Apx 10 of our group are college students and love to have a great time.

Archived