Epic Legends/Cirque Dinner

London-Calling

I've asked this before but did not fully understand the answer: What is the difference between Epic's 'Legends' show and 'Legends Unplugged' show. Are they similar? Are they both worth seeing? Is there a surcharge?

Cirque: Are the cheap seats in the Tent-room any good? What's the view form the Balconly like? Do some people sit with their back to the show?

I've asked this before but did not fully understand the answer: What is the difference between Epic's 'Legends' show and 'Legends Unplugged' show. Are they similar? Are they both worth seeing? Is there a surcharge?

Cirque: Are the cheap seats in the Tent-room any good? What's the view form the Balconly like? Do some people sit with their back to the show?

I only saw the regular Legends show, so I can't make a comparison there. The regular show is good. I expected more acts. There were only three. Michael Jackson stole the show, in my opinion.

Cirque: The show is all around the place, so yes, some of it could be behind your back if you are on the floor. We sat in the balcony (didn't know we had the cheap seats until we got there) and saw everything perfectly. I think the people right up front on the main floor may be too close, if that makes sense. From the balcony we had a good perspective and could take it all in.

Definitely get the $20 seats and arrive early and you will get to sit upstairs. I think there are also $20 seats downstairs, but the BEST seats in the house are upstairs. I do believe that NCL has priced these seats wrong! We sat upstairs last month and throughly enjoyed our seats and the show. The acrobats are incredible, the story line a little hard to follow at times. You sit in a circle upstairs and every seat faces the centre. Do get in line early to make sure you are seated upstairs! I would however, had been somewhat disappointed with some of the seats that people got while sitting on the lower level. You just couldn't/wouldn't be able to see some of the performances as well as we did!

Definitely get the $20 seats and arrive early and you will get to sit upstairs. I think there are also $20 seats downstairs, but the BEST seats in the house are upstairs. I do believe that NCL has priced these seats wrong! We sat upstairs last month and throughly enjoyed our seats and the show. The acrobats are incredible, the story line a little hard to follow at times. You sit in a circle upstairs and every seat faces the centre. Do get in line early to make sure you are seated upstairs! I would however, had been somewhat disappointed with some of the seats that people got while sitting on the lower level. You just couldn't/wouldn't be able to see some of the performances as well as we did!

I only saw the regular Legends show, so I can't make a comparison there. The regular show is good. I expected more acts. There were only three. Michael Jackson stole the show, in my opinion.

Cirque: The show is all around the place, so yes, some of it could be behind your back if you are on the floor. We sat in the balcony (didn't know we had the cheap seats until we got there) and saw everything perfectly. I think the people right up front on the main floor may be too close, if that makes sense. From the balcony we had a good perspective and could take it all in.

Legends unplugged is a preview show that is performed on the MDR. All three acts do a song or two with a group of backup singers. The backup singers are as good as the stars.

In terms of Cirque Dreams, first of all, let me say that as a rule, I don't like Cirque du Soleil. Second: contrary to others that replied: Cirque Dreams us in fact an actual Cirque du Soleil show. The seats in the balcony are in fact the better seats. PLUS as an added bonus, sitting in the balcony, you won't be asked to participate in the show itself.

In terms of Cirque Dreams, first of all, let me say that as a rule, I don't like Cirque du Soleil. Second: contrary to others that replied: Cirque Dreams us in fact an actual Cirque du Soleil show. The seats in the balcony are in fact the better seats. PLUS as an added bonus, sitting in the balcony, you won't be asked to participate in the show itself.

Cirque Dreams is, in some ways, similar to Cirque du Soleil but how can you say that it is actually a Cirque du Soleil show? Where have you ever found anything credible saying that it is?

Legends unplugged is a preview show that is performed on the MDR. All three acts do a song or two with a group of backup singers. The backup singers are as good as the stars.

Actually I believe it is not the same - Cirque Dreams and Cirque du Soleil are different companies.

We were told the first 50 guests can sit in the balcony.

We chose to sit in a booth because BF didn't wanna sit up close and be picked on by the entertainers lol. They said they didn't want 3 year old dd to be in the balcony too.

We could see most of the show from the back booth. Only a few moments you'd crane your neck a bit.

I have seen 2 Cirque du Soleil shows, one in Columbus, OH & one in Las Vegas (Love). In my opinion, this show is a smaller version of Cirque du Soleil. They didn't have the large stage to work with, and there weren't elaborate acts going on all over the stage, but the show they did was excellent. We sat in the balcony and it was nice watching one group of performers at a time. The French comedians were similar to Cirque and the acrobatic performers were very similar also. I enjoyed every minute of it.:D

Cirque Dreams is, in some ways, similar to Cirque du Soleil but how can you say that it is actually a Cirque du Soleil show? Where have you ever found anything credible saying that it is?

Actually I believe it is not the same - Cirque Dreams and Cirque du Soleil are different companies.

Sorry everyone-- I was wrong. That's right. I admit it. I was wrong. I was under the impression that they actually put a cirque du soleil show on their new ship. I have read on the web site that it is in fact a separate company.

I maintain that it's a good show however.

Sorry again-- a million apologies:o

We are leaving 12/25 should I have already booked this show?

Yep, but if you want to see it there's still time. You can also try to sign up when you're on the ship, or even wait in line for no-show seats the night of the event.

I agree with the other posters that said the upper seats are awesome. Our group of 11 sat up there and the view was great.

548-vi.jpg

Granite Lady, please join our rollcall!!

You can definitely be stuck with your back to the stage on the lower level. On the TA they crammed people & tables in like sardines, with people at the head & foot of each table--and one ones at the head had their backs to the stage. Upstairs is most definitely preferable, at least from my perspective downstairs. We're going to try to get upstairs this time.

Totally different shows! The Legends on stage is a glitzy, Vegas or concert-type performance featuring the headliners. The Unplugged is more informal. When we saw it it was in the Manhattan Room and the backup singers were equally featured, and they were WONDERFUL! If you like the music genres these impersonators represent, it is worth seeing both shows. On the TA the unplugged had Madonna and Elvis doing their thing, then Tina Turner & backups did a big Motown show.

Just back from the Epic last Saturday...If I went again I'd definitely get the $20 seats as the upper level ones seemed much better than our "premium" seats. With the way NCL has structures things for the Epic, the key to getting any seat you like for this performance is to line up early. On our cruise people were lined up at least 1/2 hour before the listed time for the doors to open.

As far as Legends, both shows are worth seeing and entirely different. Plus if you go to the Unplugged show you can take photos of the stars. That's not allowed during the show in the Epic theater.

Archived