Epic - Best Promoted ship?

London-Calling

Don't you think Epic was the best promted cruise ship ever! I've read more publicity about Epic than Oais etc. Great job NCL!

I notice there are even Norwegian Epic 'Chocolates' on e-bay! ;-)

I don't know what you have seen in the UK, but in the states, I would say IMO that Oasis and Allure were promoted much better.

From what I saw, the Oasis arrival into Florida was well documented in the media and the Allure was featured on one of the morning network shows. Curiously, I still have yet to see a television commercial for the Epic and RCI seems to buys blocks of advertising for both of their new ships.

Sadly, all of the major networks had the Epic in their own backyard at the NY pier and yet none did a broadcast from the ship. While some views of the Epic were scene in the Macy's fireworks broadcast, the show was about the fireworks display (as it should be) not the ship. To me, it just seemed like a blown chance about getting the word out about the Epic, when they had the opportunity. Hell, they even shot an Adam Sandler movie on the Allure!

I do get mailers from NCL about the Epic, but I am a past NCL customer, so I understand that, but I wonder how many new cruisers they reach with that approach.

So to answer your question, no I don't think Epic was the best promoted cruise ship ever.

Epic did host the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks special that ran nationwide and I am pretty sure one of the morning shows were onboard while she was in NYC as well.

Oasis and Allure sell themselves, seeing as they are the largest cruise vessels ever. NCL had to work hard to market Epic, and I think they did a wonderful job.

I am pretty sure one of the morning shows were onboard while she was in NYC as well.

A local affiliate may have done a package on the ship, but none of the morning shows did a broadcast from the ship as far as I know.

Archived